Daniel Jeemiah's mock #2

Iamcanadian

It is a post Combine mock!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000919714/article/jeremiah-mock-draft-20-broncos-ravens-among-5-to-take-qb

The trouble with it is no trades. If the Giants stick with Eli and the Colts are happy with Luck's health, the #2 and possibly the #3 picks may well be traded to QB desperate teams. It will now depend on where Foles goes and Cousins and Keenum???? If Denver and the Jets stay at #5 and # 6, 2 other QB desperate teams may well trade up past them, so I cannot see them staying put at 5 and 6!

Therefore Barkley and Chubb may be available a little bit later!!!

If it is at least an average draft and not a weak one as I first expected, Nelson may drop a few more spots. Only a running team would consider taking him that high. For most NFL GM's, OG is simply not a primary position, but neither is LBer, so Nelson might still go before them.

I do not believe Mayfield will last till #16, top 12 seems more reasonable to me. 

Although DT is no longer a primary position on NFL defenses, Vea and Payne could go before Williams and even Roquan Smith.

The Steeler's pick is fine.  Just ignore McShay's new one.  He further proves he is an idiot with the Steelers taking Hayden Hurst in the 1st.  The question to McShay should be " Has Tomlin ever taken a 1st round choice over the age of 21? The answer is no.

30 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Has Jessie Bates actually gone into 1st round discussion? I obviously know he is going in round 1 here. I was just a bit taken aback. 

It is pretty significant to go 1st round here, post combine. Cannot get much better than that!

I think that Joe-Dirt would be a good player for the Saints but passing on LVE and Landry wouldn’t happen if I was the GM. Sign Jimmy Graham and take advantage of this deep TE class by taking one in the third. First round should be a stud LB or QB...that’s where the value falls. 

Archived