Broncos trade Aqib Talib to RAMS

RamPackFan

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I’m calling it right now, if the Rams add a guy like Landry or Key or Hubbard in the 1st round, DROY you can lock that in barring an injury.

Please not Key. Really hoping for one of Vea, Landry, Davenport, or Hubbard. 

4 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Please not Key. Really hoping for one of Vea, Landry, Davenport, or Hubbard. 

I like Landry, Vander Esch or Hubbard for our 1st pick - Edmunds FOR SURE if he's there, but highly unlikely (even though I'm all for trading UP to get Edmunds)

Just now, RamPackFan said:

Brown's pretty big at 6'1" 250 - who are you thinking?

Jeez I remember him being smaller at UNC. I think Todd Davis is a virtual lock. Other than him, hard to say. I wouldn't expect a lot to be invested in the position.

36 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

who in FA would be a good fit you think?

Avery Williamson

Todd Davis

Preston Brown

Navorro Bowman

Brian Cushing

Tahir Whitehead

Kevin Minter

All are thumper types.

25 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

Not buying it.

I hope they do. NRC gave us great play, and you can never have too much CB depth.

Snead wheelin' and deelin' here. Never been a fan of Talib the person, but there's no denying the guy's talent. We can officially scratch CB off of our list of draft needs. And I have to disagree with the few of you saying that you think NRC is as good as gone. I don't think us acquiring two top end boundary corners should affect us bringing back our slot corner. Robey Coleman was great in that spot last year and he's still plenty young. I think there's genuine interest in the Rams bringing him back. Tru, on the other hand, is 100% gone--if he wasn't already.

Really can't complain about the moves we've been making these last couple weeks. Personal attachments aside, these moves have all made sense. Though I can't help but think back to Chip Kelly a few years ago making all those blockbuster moves. Hoping we have a different outcome than he does. I have a little more optimism though, because these moves are all to accommodate Phillips' system, who has proven time and time again to succeed.

So Peters and Talib with NRC and Shields slot/4th and Hill as our 5th with Webster taking his time rehabbing right. Then Joyner and Johnson manning the secondary spot. Add a NT an Edge and an ILB or two and my goodness this defense.

5 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Snead wheelin' and deelin' here. Never been a fan of Talib the person, but there's no denying the guy's talent. We can officially scratch CB off of our list of draft needs. And I have to disagree with the few of you saying that you think NRC is as good as gone. I don't think us acquiring two top end boundary corners should affect us bringing back our slot corner. Robey Coleman was great in that spot last year and he's still plenty young. I think there's genuine interest in the Rams bringing him back. Tru, on the other hand, is 100% gone--if he wasn't already.

Really can't complain about the moves we've been making these last couple weeks. Personal attachments aside, these moves have all made sense. Though I can't help but think back to Chip Kelly a few years ago making all those blockbuster moves. Hoping we have a different outcome than he does. I have a little more optimism though, because these moves are all to accommodate Phillips' system, who has proven time and time again to succeed.

Chip made a bunch of dumb moves. He was getting rid of the Eagles' best players.

5 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

So Peters and Talib with NRC and Shields slot/4th and Hill as our 5th with Webster taking his time rehabbing right. Then Joyner and Johnson manning the secondary spot. Add a NT an Edge and an ILB or two and my goodness this defense.

Isn't it crazy to think that this team really is only a FEW pieces away from being straight up dominant? Just like you said: a space eating NT, a run stopping ILB, and an edge rusher and then we're there. And we're saying this before free agency and the draft even takes place. Feels good. REALLY good.

Archived