Richard Sherman Released--Worth a Look?

Just Want A Title

1 hour ago, Stafford4Pres said:

Because he lacks the speed to keep up with the faster receivers in the league. 

Seems like Slay would be paired against the other team's fastest outside WR. Tabor would match up with the other team's biggest outside WR, which is where Slay has struggled in the past. 

Tabor isn't a fit in the slot at all.

53 minutes ago, ¥€Ti said:

Rumor has it we’re bringing in recently released CB from Seahawks, Shead. Used as mainly as a backup but played well when he started in 2016. Anyone else know more about him?

He's big and slow. Every time I saw him he was making some kind of incredibly clutch play. Seems like a really good situational guy... He'd cover up a heck of a lot of mismatches.

I was hoping Sherman would come in and meet with the Lions, but it’s always a coin flip on whether that will happen when you aren’t the first team meeting with a player. All too often teams “don’t let players leave town” without convincing them to sign. I would have loved to see him playing in a secondary with Slay. I wish him the best in SF.

1 hour ago, X_Factor_40 said:

I was hoping Sherman would come in and meet with the Lions, but it’s always a coin flip on whether that will happen when you aren’t the first team meeting with a player. All too often teams “don’t let players leave town” without convincing them to sign. I would have loved to see him playing in a secondary with Slay. I wish him the best in SF.

Also says something about the Lions that we were his second scheduled trip. We didn't have the warm weather, Stanford ties, or ability to play Seattle twice a year... And we were the second visit scheduled. 

16 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Also says something about the Lions that we were his second scheduled trip. We didn't have the warm weather, Stanford ties, or ability to play Seattle twice a year... And we were the second visit scheduled. 

I found that interesting as well. I was actually pretty shocked when I heard he had scheduled a visit with the Lions. Sherman, in my eyes, is one of those “Star” players that carries a huge name. He’s a leader who you can build a defense around, in part. I think part of it may have been his respect for Slay, but also the culture shift with the organization. I’m really excited to see how this FA period and offseason go. Little things like this Sherman news helps gives us insight into where the Lions stand with the players/league. 

Richard Sherman signs with 49ers

Sherman said he called the Seahawks to gauge their interest on matching the 49ers' offer but was turned down based on the incentives. He also reached out to the Oakland Raiders and Detroit Lions before finalizing the deal in San Francisco.

So not only were the Lions his second scheduled trip, but he reached out to gauge if the Lions would match his deal before he signed with the 49ers. Apparently his price was just higher than Quinn was willing to pay and I don't blame him. I have a lot of respect for the manner in which Sherman went around handling himself and acting as his own agent. 

On 3/11/2018 at 6:43 AM, Louis Friend said:

We do play indoors!!!

Archived