Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Well....Kizer was the starting QB for 15 (at least I think that many) of that teams games.  Might not be a huge sample size, but it is more than Hundley got as the QB in GB..where he won 3 games.

Yeah but as much as people complained, the talent on the Packers is so much better then the talent on Cleveland. Especially on offense.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No, we know that we removed a mid tier CB from our roster. 

You're going to have to replace that. In order to replace it, you're going to have to spend resources that could have been spent at other positions.

Removing a player from a defense only improves the defense if he's blocking a more talented player. Looking at the CB rotation currently on the roster, do you believe that's the case?

Even if it is the case, the value we got for him is still pretty awful. 

Disagree. It’s clear by players comments, accountability was an issue. Mike Daniels pretty much said so. My gut says players didn’t like Randall because he got a pass from coaches.

And his miscommunication in the secondary hurt others, like a Haha, etc.

Addition by subtraction is a thing. Lesser talent but better communication and accountability might go along way with the group.

2 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

The offseason just started for heavens sake...

And how does this move pave the way for better moves to be made in the future?

Our draft position improved minimally.

Our salary cap improved minimally.

Our CB position got significantly worse. 

Additionally, there's nothing saying that a good offseason can't have one bad move in it. 

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Thought it was fairly well known that MM had a say in the QB SF drafted and it was Smith not Rodgers.  IF Rodgers is this GOAT QB, I highly doubt that Smith would be better than Rodgers if they had traded places.  

I don't think Rodgers would be a GOAT QB had he gone through 9 coaches and coordinators his first 9 years. And I think Smith would be better than he is today if he had Rodgers stability. I didn't say Smith would be more GOAT than Rodgers is. I'm saying the disparity wouldn't be anywhere near as large if their circumstances were swapped.

No, I think a season of NFL production is exactly evidence.

That team wins a few games with an average NFL QB. It's only one of the worst teams ever assembled with a dumpster fire at QB. 

Rookie Aaron Rodgers on last years Cleveland team would have looked like a dumpster fire too.

Just now, Green19 said:

Disagree. It’s clear by players comments, accountability was an issue. Mike Daniels pretty much said so. My gut says players didn’t like Randall because he got a pass from coaches.

And his miscommunication in the secondary hurt others, like a Haha, etc.

Addition by subtraction is a thing. Lesser talent but better communication and accountability might go along way with the group.

Randall got benched and publically blasted by coaches worse than any player that's played for the Packers in the Thompson/McCarthy era, I have no idea how you think he got a pass from coaches.

If a player isn't communicating and isn't tackling that's a reflection of them as a player, it's factored in to the evaluation. If you think that the defense is going to perform better with Josh Hawkins in the game than Damarious Randall, that's your perogative. Not the hill I'd chose to plant my flag, but you do you. 

Additionally, there's nothing saying that a good offseason can't have one bad move in it. 

We traded a guy who very clearly was a 1 year rental for us, for a guy who was sought by our FO at the most valuable position. A position where of he shows off in preseason the next two years could net us far more value than Damarious Randall.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We'll see which CB Gutz is going for in the next week.

No, I think a season of NFL production is exactly evidence.

That team wins a few games with an average NFL QB. It's only one of the worst teams ever assembled with a dumpster fire at QB. 

No-one is arguing that Kizer was anything but awful last year.

His physical abilities are much better then Hundley's.

They were trading Randall regardless - which is fine to be upset about but they were not going to get a better deal then this. I'd rather have Kizer then a 4th. Period.

2 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

Rookie Aaron Rodgers on last years Cleveland team would have looked like a dumpster fire too.

1. Disagree, Rodgers has never in his career shown the propensity for turnovers that Kizer did. 

2. Aaron Rodgers is an incredible outlier and not the trajectory you bet that a player will take. Generally a player who is COMPLETELY awful as a rookie, stays completely awful. 

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This is like the equivalent of selling the tires and rims on my truck because I'm not a fan of them and then sitting there panicking that I have no tires or rims, instead of just you know buying new ones.

More moves are coming. The season doesn't start tomorrow.

I liked Randall.  I thought he was one of the bright spots of the 2017 defense as well as the 2015 defense.  I expected him to be a major contributor for the 2018 defense.

I loved the rims and I loved the tires and I feel like there was some mandatory recall.  That's why I'm complaining.

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This is like the equivalent of selling the tires and rims on my truck because I'm not a fan of them and then sitting there panicking that I have no tires or rims, instead of just you know buying new ones.

More moves are coming. The season doesn't start tomorrow.

This is like the equivalent of selling the tires and rims on your truck for 25% of their value when you're on a fixed income and don't have money to be waving around on buying new rims and tires.

Archived