The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

We're going to have to hit the portal for at least 3 maybe 4 potential starter types 

Yeah, we have some holes we need to fill. Alabama is doing it right now and they did it last year with some of their best players also. I will see what happens. You know that throughout spring football you are going to lose some more guys, so you have to keep up the numbers also. We don’t oversign like some of the top SEC schools that routinely push 30 guys, so you have to be willing to account for potential losses and processes like they are. Class right now is at 18 guys, that’s just not enough despite the quality. Not in this era.

32 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah, we have some holes we need to fill. Alabama is doing it right now and they did it last year with some of their best players also. I will see what happens. You know that throughout spring football you are going to lose some more guys, so you have to keep up the numbers also. We don’t oversign like some of the top SEC schools that routinely push 30 guys, so you have to be willing to account for potential losses and processes like they are. Class right now is at 18 guys, that’s just not enough despite the quality. Not in this era.

I hope they are recalibrating things because now is not time to take their feet off the gas. I wouldn't be above JUCOs, or really talented FCS All-American types  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I hope they are recalibrating things because now is not time to take their feet off the gas. I wouldn't be above JUCOs, or really talented FCS All-American types  

I think paying close to $2 million for a defensive coordinator this off-season shows that they aren’t going to be complacent. Just need to step up their booster NIL game tbh to keep up with the Joneses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I think paying close to $2 million for a defensive coordinator this off-season shows that they aren’t going to be complacent. Just need to step up their booster NIL game tbh to keep up with the Joneses.

You would think the way we were portrayed by other fanbases you would think that would be the last thing we needed to step up....🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

True but you can’t just do that and always accept those guys cause it might cause issues with recruits and younger guys already there on the team. Like I remember reading if they went after ricks they would have lost a younger guy to the portal and a recruit or two

Edited by buno67

53 minutes ago, buno67 said:

True but you can’t just do that and always accept those guys cause it might cause issues with recruits and younger guys already there on the team. Like I remember reading if they went after ricks they would have lost a younger guy to the portal and a recruit or two

At some point, if a dude transfers, he transfers. Bama got To’to and Jameson Williams in the offseason. Williams is their best player. Its the new age of CFB. I understand picking your battles and finding your weak areas though. I did see that Cameron Brown is return for a 5th season. So we aren’t really desperate at cornerback at least now next year. Hurt feelings be damned at some other spots though.

13 hours ago, NateDawg said:

At some point, if a dude transfers, he transfers. Bama got To’to and Jameson Williams in the offseason. Williams is their best player. Its the new age of CFB. I understand picking your battles and finding your weak areas though. I did see that Cameron Brown is return for a 5th season. So we aren’t really desperate at cornerback at least now next year. Hurt feelings be damned at some other spots though.

13 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah dudes will transfer but if dudes are transferring cause your accepting transfers at a high amount every years. It’s going to lead to issues down the road. You will lose recruits and younger guys. Jameson was a transfer and their best player but he wasn’t brought in to be a starter right away. He came in didn’t play much early on for Bama and exploded this season. Also worked out cause They didn’t have a lot of WRs in recently classes and knew they were going to lose a lot. Think that is how Ohio state viewed Ricks. It’s a little different with out early signing day played out but Ohio state has the players on this team. I don’t think Ohio state was lacking talent. I think the schemes was pretty bad last year. Hopefully that will be corrected wjth our new and proven DC

day said it right. They will closely look at the portal for guys and only take the ones they truly want/need

10 years ago yesterday, OSU was handed its final penalties for the tattoo parlor scandal, which included a bowl ban for 2012.

Safe to say we recovered quickly from that.

As good as the 2012 team was, Urban Meyer hit his stride as OSU coach two years later by winning the first CFP NCG. No team north of the MDL has won it since.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2021 at 7:25 PM, pf9 said:

10 years ago yesterday, OSU was handed its final penalties for the tattoo parlor scandal, which included a bowl ban for 2012.

Safe to say we recovered quickly from that.

As good as the 2012 team was, Urban Meyer hit his stride as OSU coach two years later by winning the first CFP NCG. No team north of the MDL has won it since.

If it wasn’t for the bowl banned, Ohio St would have won the title in ‘12 over ND…

On 12/23/2021 at 11:12 AM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Tanner McCalister, a now ex-OkSt safety, is apparently hoping to reunite w/ Knowles. Not sure how good he is but familiarity will go a long way especially from a kid who's been in Knowles system for 3 years now. 

From stuff I heard about him, he is suppose to be a pretty good safety. 

• Like 1