Jets sign QBs Josh McCown & Teddy Bridgewater

Bianconero

11 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

You keep complaining about this. It's the thing I'm worrying least about. Geno's career was ruined to begin with- we forced him into the lineup too soon. Sanchez was the same case. You don't need big money players or top picks to be your "weapons"... Great offenses require good coaching and complementary parts. Would it be nice to have landed Allen Robinson? Yes, but I only felt that way about him because he was a clear-cut top FA with youth on his side. If a DL was 24 and coming off an injury but extremely high upside, I would've said sign that guy too. 

We still have young guys developing. There's still a draft. I'm much more concerned about QB, TE, EDGE, and CB than I am WR. 

If you have a Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc you don't need those premium weapons. But when you don't they are certainly more needed. And we are rolling out there with a 6th Round WR coming off major neck surgery and UDFA WR he just got arrested for his 2nd time as our starters.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

If you have a Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc you don't need those premium weapons. But when you don't they are certainly more needed. And we are rolling out there with a 6th Round WR coming off major neck surgery and UDFA WR he just got arrested for his 2nd time as our starters.

I agree and so does the entire league 

Just look at the roster moves made by the Rams, Bears, and Chiefs

And we just saw what the Eagles did

3 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Iv missed something here, what happened to Teddy!?!?!?

Iv been busy seeing Man Utd let me down yet again ?

Honestly wouldn't surprise me that him coming here is done. Resigning McCown probably changed his mind completely.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Honestly wouldn't surprise me that him coming here is done. Resigning McCown probably changed his mind completely.

Oh right but the thread title has changed because he’s not properly committed to signing? 

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

Oh right but the thread title has changed because he’s not properly committed to signing? 

Yup. The original report was that we signed Teddy 1st. Shortly after it was that we were resigning McCown as well. Thinking we signed them both. Since that though there's been no evidence of us actually signing Teddy. So that's still in limbo.

Just now, Jag68Sid87 said:

McCown deserved to be back. He did a lot for this team last year. It's short term and he probably won't be as good as he was last year, but I think he is a solid insurance policy for us.

Winning 5 games doesn't allow you to deserve anything.

Why are you guys so down on Josh McCown. The guy almost brought a crappy team in the playoffs if he would have been healthy longer than 13 games. I like the signing. This means we are very strong at drafting a QB to back him up. If he makes 8 or 9 starts gets hurt than the rookie will have plenty of time to learn from him. All the reports I have read stated he is a great locker room guy and leader. He is so smart coaches offered him a spot on their team to coach but turned it down to play another year. He is the perfect guy for a rookie to sit behind for one year. I think the jets looked at Teddy knee and did not like what they saw and went with Josh before another team picked him up. The QB went fast today. 

7 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

McCown deserved to be back. He did a lot for this team last year. It's short term and he probably won't be as good as he was last year, but I think he is a solid insurance policy for us.

He’s not an insurance policy he got promised the starting job. Let’s alsoo add that way overpaid him big time.

7 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

How many games did you expect us to win last year? McCown overachieved, and so did the team if we consider the talent on the roster.

3 or 4, we won 5, whoopie. the 28th total offense isn't something that screams the word deserve. 

Archived