Jets sign QBs Josh McCown & Teddy Bridgewater

Bianconero

Teddy is a great guy, and I believe was ready to take a huge step in year 3 if it weren't for that injury.

Very accurate and smart. He has a great feel to the game and knows how to attack defenses with his eyes.

Don't let FF talk fool you. He has a capable arm. He's thrown some ducks but that more so because of his mechanics. Since his injury, he's changed them (leading with his left leg in shotgun to get the ball out quicker)

If he can stay healthy, and knock off the rust, he can be a very good QB for you. I still believe in Teddy Bridgewater and like Denver, I'll be kinda rooting for you guys... except when you play the Vikings.?

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Hence why I am legitimately worried. The only administration Maccagnan was ever apart of that actually took a 1st round QB was the 2002 Houston Texans, when they selected David Carr. I get it, QBs have a higher risk of busting. In a vacuum I actually prefer the ethos of drafting and developing QBs every single year on day 2 and day 3 until you find a guy that can be a franchise player as opposed to selecting them in the top portion of the draft if you're weary of their potential, but my problem is that Maccagnan has drafted 2 "projects" with little success. If he does it again in round 2, then we could be looking at another 2-3 years of "competitive" football but no real future in sight, with the Jets claiming their taking their time to develop the 2nd round QB... Just like Maccagnan did with Hackenberg, he'll claim he's just 1 of 52 players and that they don't feel he needs to be a starter right away in order to be a good player one day. It's buying time. Made sense back in 2016, but doesn't make sense anymore. 

Go all-in for the QB you feel best projects to the NFL with the intent of making him your franchise guy. Have a plan in place, develop him, let him get a shot and go from there. Hinge your wagon to him. I know Maccagnan doesn't want to do that - its against his nature - but this franchise will continue to be mediocre until we make a move for a QB. If it succeeds, Maccagnan is here for the long haul. If it fails, next GM likely gets his opportunity. Entering Maccagnan's 4th draft, that's the way I see it. 

Agreed, 100%

You draft a guy and pray you have the coaches in there that can develop him and you sign or draft weapons and an OL to ease the process. Mac isn't willing to do this and this will haunt him as a GM until he's given his walking papers. 

59 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My worry with this is who is the 1st Round QB throwing to? We just watched it ruin Geno's career. It ruined Sanchez' after his 2nd year. We need weapons. I've been saying this for years. What does trading up in the draft do for us? Maybe land us a guy who Macc likes (honestly I don't trust his scouting at all). No guarantee this guy is a franchise guy or that we even play him in his rookie year. So in order to get his guy new have to give up several valuable picks that could be used to get good players at RB, WR and TE. We give up picks we are giving up the chance of adding players to help develop a QB.

You keep complaining about this. It's the thing I'm worrying least about. Geno's career was ruined to begin with- we forced him into the lineup too soon. Sanchez was the same case. You don't need big money players or top picks to be your "weapons"... Great offenses require good coaching and complementary parts. Would it be nice to have landed Allen Robinson? Yes, but I only felt that way about him because he was a clear-cut top FA with youth on his side. If a DL was 24 and coming off an injury but extremely high upside, I would've said sign that guy too. 

We still have young guys developing. There's still a draft. I'm much more concerned about QB, TE, EDGE, and CB than I am WR. 

Just now, Bianconero said:

I don’t even want Macc to take a QB at this point bc there is no way he’s back next year and the new guy is going to want his own guys

Exactly why with all the cash and draft capital it made no sense bringing back dumb and dumber. Should of started a fresh!

Archived