Texans sign CB Aaron Colvin

49erurtaza

5 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Yeah, Gaines to Houston would be great. Still would prefer Butler or Johnson, but Colvin in the slot makes me feel good about the direction of the secondary.

The Gaines you really want is Phillip Gaines.

5 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Yeah, Gaines to Houston would be great. Still would prefer Butler or Johnson, but Colvin in the slot makes me feel good about the direction of the secondary.

Gaines was incredible last season. Our defensive stats with him on the field compared to him not playing were truly incredible. Unfortunately he was banged up quite a lot and had injury problems during his time in LA/STL. I'd be a little hesitant to give him a lot of guaranteed money but the dude can play when he's on the field. 

Sucks to see him go, he was a big part of that awesome Jaguars secondary as the nickel...but you just can't pay a nickel like that.  As much as the position is becoming more important and on the field much more often these days, it's just too much.

As a boundary corner, Colvin was pretty meh.  Not bad, but not really good either.

As a Jaguars fan, i'll happily take the loss of Colvin, while adding AJ Bouye.  The money is a bit different, but the talent is also pretty different.  I think Jags come out on top of that swap pretty comfortably.

Colvin was always a fun story, with the whole Senior Bowl injury and the Gus Bradley, "we're coming for you!" guarantee and all that.  And seemingly very well liked in the room as well.  But yeah...just too much to spend on a nickel, especially with two absolutely studs on the outside.

Colvin is good if a tad bit overrated. Curious how he'll do as an outside corner. One interception in 4 years is a pretty crazy stat for a guy who got a ton of snaps in the slot.

He's tremendous vs the run though.

2 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

Colvin is good if a tad bit overrated. Curious how he'll do as an outside corner. One interception in 4 years is a pretty crazy stat for a guy who got a ton of snaps in the slot.

He's tremendous vs the run though.

I sure hope we don't use him outside.

Archived