Packers releasing WR Jordy Nelson

deltarich87

It's been less than 24 hours and the "we did Jordy wrong or dirty" crowd is already getting on my nerves. Imagine the roles were reversed and Jordy just had a pro bowl year and was a FA.  You think he'd be thinking about "hey I need to make sure I take less money so I can help the Packers resign me."? Sucks to be on the losing end of a business transaction. Get over it people.

57 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

lol this reminds me of when Vikes coach Childress picked Favre up from the airport and drove him around like he was his own personal chauffeur

Omg I remember that. Everyone was going down on Favre at that time. Even his waitresses. 

25 minutes ago, Joe said:

I was bummed about this until I remembered that he disappears when Rodgers isn't on the field...

Are we planning on not having Rodgers on the field a ton next year?  If so then I'm affraid we may be wasting our time with these UFA signings.  We showed last year just how terrible we are without #12.

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

Are we planning on not having Rodgers on the field a ton next year?  If so then I'm affraid we may be wasting our time with these UFA signings.  We showed last year just how terrible we are without #12.

God forbid Rodgers goes down again and we're paying $10mil on a guy who disappears when Rodgers is hurt...

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Last year was so weird with Nelson ... once Rodgers went down he just seemed to go thru the motions the rest of the way.  

Can't play with only one half of a BFF necklace on the field. 

49 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It's been less than 24 hours and the "we did Jordy wrong or dirty" crowd is already getting on my nerves. Imagine the roles were reversed and Jordy just had a pro bowl year and was a FA.  You think he'd be thinking about "hey I need to make sure I take less money so I can help the Packers resign me."? Sucks to be on the losing end of a business transaction. Get over it people.

But he was done dirty.  People forget how loyal he was to the Packers.  In both his second and third contracts with Green Bay he took it on the chin with MAJOR home town discounts.  He's been one fo the most underpaid WRs in the NFL over his career and has never made a peap.  He's renegotiated and signed when Green Bay wanted him to and not when it was best for himself.  Green Bay in the very first instance they could decided that they were going to ask him to take an 80% pay cut.  This was a player who had probably one of the 15-20 best seasons in franchise history the year prior and was on pace to shatter the single seaosn TD mark this last year before the Hundley injury.  I understand its a a business but I understand why people would feel that Green Bay completley crapped on Nelson.  Makes me understand why Rodgers is going to want to get every last penny he could possibly get from the franchise. 

1 minute ago, SSG said:

But he was done dirty.  People forget how loyal he was to the Packers.  In both his second and third contracts with Green Bay he took it on the chin with MAJOR home town discounts.  He's been one fo the most underpaid WRs in the NFL over his career and has never made a peap.  He's renegotiated and signed when Green Bay wanted him to and not when it was best for himself.  Green Bay in the very first instance they could decided that they were going to ask him to take an 80% pay cut.  This was a player who had probably one of the 15-20 best seasons in franchise history the year prior and was on pace to shatter the single seaosn TD mark this last year before the Hundley injury.  I understand its a a business but Green Bay but I understand why people would feel that Green Bay completley crapped on Nelson 

Damn SSG.....you are on it! No problem - entitled to your opinions, but you;re pounding it!

Archived