Browns to sign OT Chris Hubbard, 5yr/37.5 million

LETSGOBROWNIES

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/3/13/17117566/browns-signing-ot-chris-hubbard-5-year-deal-worth-37-5-million-as-team-awaits-on-joe-thomas-decision

This is a pretty hefty deal, but considering Haley coached him last season they must like him moving forward.  Perhaps he’s the insurance against Thomas deciding to retire and not being able to land Solder.

I’ll be interested to see how this deal breaks down, how much is guaranteed and when the out is built in.

Probably a bit of an overpay, but good tackles aren’t cheap.

Unless he can take over for JT and play LT at a solid level, then I'm not crazy about the signing. Unless he's a significant upgrade over Coleman, then I think it's money wasted. Coleman was solid last year and I don't see why he won't improve. I totally hope Hubbard proves me wrong though and ends up being worth the money.

I've heard that the Browns are still after Solder even with this signing, but who knows? I'm thinking Solder ends up in Houston or New York.

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Unless he can take over for JT and play LT at a solid level, then I'm not crazy about the signing. Unless he's a significant upgrade over Coleman, then I think it's money wasted. Coleman was solid last year and I don't see why he won't improve. I totally hope Hubbard proves me wrong though and ends up being worth the money.

I've heard that the Browns are still after Solder even with this signing, but who knows? I'm thinking Solder ends up in Houston or New York.

I’d have to think they feel as though he could play LT, if not that’s a lot of money.

5 minutes ago, brownie man said:

He’s gotta be a for sure starter right?

and amount wise nothing is too much to protect Sammy 

Yeah how suckwaddy would it be that we finally get our franchise qb and Thomas quits?

Thomas please come back one more year. 

Uh or two

First reaction when I saw the tweet was "who the F is that". The more I read about him it seems like this could be an underrated signing. Not crazy money for a starting RT, but sounds like an upgrade over Coleman. He's not going to replace Joe. If Joe retires we will have to draft someone most likely.

50 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

First reaction when I saw the tweet was "who the F is that". The more I read about him it seems like this could be an underrated signing. Not crazy money for a starting RT, but sounds like an upgrade over Coleman. He's not going to replace Joe. If Joe retires we will have to draft someone most likely.

Two reasons I hope Joe comes back for another season:

1. He's Joe friggin' Thomas.

2. This year's OT class isn't exactly inspiring.

Archived