Free Agency Tracker

VigilantZombie

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Moats, Timmons, Cockrell.  Those are the players i expect us to sign

I don't expect us to sign Cockrell. Doesnt make sense.  We have Haden, Burns, Hilton, Sensabaugh and Sutton.  Wouldnt make sense to bring in an aging vet with minimal talent.

Just now, wwhickok said:

I agree with that but if Timmons or VW are starters, our Run Defense is going to still be a superior liability.

Unless they run it up the middle ;).  No, Timmons ONLY works if VW is benched for Evans or a capable FA (which I can't really think of any). 

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I don't expect us to sign Cockrell. Doesnt make sense.  We have Haden, Burns, Hilton, Sensabaugh and Sutton.  Wouldnt make sense to bring in an aging vet with minimal talent.

If Sensabaugh is honestly on our roster during the regular season the FO needs to be reevaluated.  He is absolute garbage. Cockrell is more talented than Sensabaugh.

2 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Unless they run it up the middle ;).  No, Timmons ONLY works if VW is benched for Evans or a capable FA (which I can't really think of any). 

Navarro Bowman really is the only remaining ILB that would be a good fit for our defense that has anything at all left in the tank.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

If Sensabaugh is honestly on our roster during the regular season the FO needs to be reevaluated.  He is absolute garbage. Cockrell is more talented than Sensabaugh.

Meh, that's like deciding between a turd sandwich and a giant ******. 

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

To be clear, I expect Boston to be overpaid because of the lack of quality availability at safety.

I expect Tyrann Mathieu to sign with an AFC team not named Pittsburgh for somewhere around $12M/year

so with that Mathieau would become the 2nd highest paid safety in the league. What do you think boston is going to get paid then?

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I'm honestly thinking someone will overpay him and give him somewhere between 9-10M/year

that would  put boston on par with Earl Thomas, which I don't see happening. I am seeing more like 6-7 mil range but we will see. I feel if someone was going to make him a top 5ish paid safety it would have happened already, when more teams were swimming in cap space.

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Not really.

I dont care for Sensabaugh, but Cockrell isnt much better, if at all.  If Sutton steps up and maybe Brian Allen, Sensabaugh wouldn't be more than CB6, and if you think most teams 6th corner (or even 4th or 5th ) is much better than Sensabaugh, youre dreaming.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Not really.

I dont care for Sensabaugh, but Cockrell isnt much better, if at all.  If Sutton steps up and maybe Brian Allen, Sensabaugh wouldn't be more than CB6, and if you think most teams 6th corner (or even 4th or 5th ) is much better than Sensabaugh, youre dreaming.

I don't but honestly there's areas of the roster that could be improved upon with depth that ARE better than Coty 'Dumpster fire' Sensabaugh

2 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

that would  put boston on par with Earl Thomas, which I don't see happening. I am seeing more like 6-7 mil range but we will see. I feel if someone was going to make him a top 5ish paid safety it would have happened already, when more teams were swimming in cap space.

I disagree that it would've happened already.  Mathieu is the reason people haven't signed Safeties yet.  Everyone is waiting to see the money that he makes.  Earl Thomas if traded, I think also gets a new contract/pay raise.

If Boston were to only get 6M/year that'd be great, makes him an option for us, but I see someone paying him more.

37 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Preston Brown is absolutely one dimensional. Zach Brown isn't but he got $8m, which is way too high for an above average ILB. 

I was talking Zach; and he’s better than average. 

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I don't but honestly there's areas of the roster that could be improved upon with depth that ARE better than Coty 'Dumpster fire' Sensabaugh

Well they're going to carry five to six corners anyway. It's not like they're going to cut Sensabaugh and replace his roster spot with another position. They will likely replace him with someone equally as bad. Ideally, we would replace him with a young corner with upside, like we did when we replaced Cockrell with Hilton.

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Well they're going to carry five to six corners anyway. It's not like they're going to cut Sensabaugh and replace his roster spot with another position. They will likely replace him with someone equally as bad. Ideally, we would replace him with a young corner with upside, like we did when we replaced Cockrell with Hilton.

I agree with that.  If it's a 'potential' or even project CB, I could live with that.  Sensabaugh is trash.

Archived