Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

Lots of drama in our schedule this year because of the QBs. At Cleveland, Home against Minnesota, Buffalo and/or Miami will have a QB. We will get to see Watson this year who some wanted last year. We are playing against Wilkerson and Richardson this year. Ah man. It's going to be a great year.

lol I already had my doubts that Macc would take Allen at #3, now I really know I don't have to worry about that. 

I think it's going to be Rosen still. I would be shocked if both the Browns and Giants pass up on Darnold. 

If reports are true and Mayfield goes #1. This is ideal for me. Unless... we have any intention at all of drafting Allen (which I don’t think we do). The bigger question then becomes if the Giants go Barkley or Chubb who do we draft between Rosen or Darnold? In my eyes it’s a decision that’s win win. But I’ve rated Rosen #1 this whole draft process and he’s who I’d want if there. But I wouldn’t be mad at all about Darnold either. Both fit our system and have a lot to like. I said all along I wouldn’t be pissed if we drafted Mayfield, I just thought he wouldn’t be the right pick with us if Darnold or Rosen we’re still available. So if Cleveland doesn’t go Mayfield he’s still a possibility. At this stage only pick that would have me upset is Allen or a non QB named Barkley (yes I wouldn’t be mad if we drafted him). I think it’s be idiotic to trade up for a RB. I don’t think this is an option though. We clearly traded up for 1 of 3 QBs we had in mind.

4 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

lol I already had my doubts that Macc would take Allen at #3, now I really know I don't have to worry about that. 

I think it's going to be Rosen still. I would be shocked if both the Browns and Giants pass up on Darnold. 

Darnold not being picked in the top 3 was my surprised prediction in the NFL Draft Forum 2 weeks ago. I think fans have largely ignored his flaws mostly because Rosen, Allen, and Mayfield have been under the microscope. Also, everyone is ignoring the reports that he did not do well in team meetings when asked to talk X's and O's. 

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

Darnold not being picked in the top 3 was my surprised prediction in the NFL Draft Forum 2 weeks ago. I think fans have largely ignored his flaws mostly because Rosen, Allen, and Mayfield have been under the microscope. Also, everyone is ignoring the reports that he did not do well in team meetings when asked to talk X's and O's. 

Do you have any links to any of these reports? Never heard that 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

If reports are true and Mayfield goes #1. This is ideal for me. Unless... we have any intention at all of drafting Allen (which I don’t think we do). The bigger question then becomes if the Giants go Barkley or Chubb who do we draft between Rosen or Darnold? In my eyes it’s a decision that’s win win. But I’ve rated Rosen #1 this whole draft process and he’s who I’d want if there. But I wouldn’t be mad at all about Darnold either. Both fit our system and have a lot to like. I said all along I wouldn’t be pissed if we drafted Mayfield, I just thought he wouldn’t be the right pick with us if Darnold or Rosen we’re still available. So if Cleveland doesn’t go Mayfield he’s still a possibility. At this stage only pick that would have me upset is Allen or a non QB named Barkley (yes I wouldn’t be mad if we drafted him). I think it’s be idiotic to trade up for a RB. I don’t think this is an option though. We clearly traded up for 1 of 3 QBs we had in mind.

I agree with all of this. 

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

It's very possible, but the Giants will have their only shot at drafting a #1 QB. So it's hard for me to see them passing him up. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My sentiments exactly. I think Rosen is the better player, but Darnold is a guy that can maximize his potential with Bates. He's a dialed down Baker Mayfield - but 3 years younger and has had experience playing in more adverse situations. He has that "it" factor that can't really be coached, but he does everything else well despite the fact that he's so raw. It reminds me of Tony Romo when he was younger. At first, he was kind of that gun slinger who made crazy plays outside of structure, but you could tell he was still green and didn't know the game inside and out... he was just making instinctual plays. As he grew as a QB he was one of the best in the game (yes, he was) both inside and outside of structure. It got to the point where he was extremely underrated because of his past highlighted failures, but man - he was one of my favorites on the field. That's how I see Darnold, but to another degree. He's going to take some time to grow and will need a supporting cast around him, but I feel he will eventually become a master of the position because of his thirst to work, his intuition, and Jeremy Bates' ability to dumb down an offense and teach young, talented QBs the game incrementally without severely altering the game plan.

Jeremy Bates-Sam Darnold could be what Sean Payton-Tony Romo was, and I think that is great. I still would slightly prefer Josh Rosen based on what I can see because I feel like he has Peyton Manning-level potential... essentially, can be one of the best to ever play the game. Not saying he will reach it, but if any QB in this class were to, I think it would be him.

5 minutes ago, K-Ro 25 said:

Looks like my source with Darnold at 3 might be right UGH! Really not a Darnold guy

Can I ask why? The only knock against him really were his fumbles. Which is probably the easiest thing to fix for a QB.

Before the year started when we assumed we were tanking I’m pretty sure everyone wanted Darnold or Rosen and it’s a distinct possibility we can get one of them. I prefer Rosen, would be happy with Darnold, slightly fine with Allen and will cheer for Mayfield. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Can I ask why? The only knock against him really were his fumbles. Which is probably the easiest thing to fix for a QB.

Outside of what anyone else may think, I just dislike USC QB's. None that I can think of have ever been spectacular NFL QB's. Plus, he doesnt appear to have much of a higher ceiling and if hes as good as hes gonna get now hes not going to be much better in the nfl.

Archived