Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Agreed. Not sure how reliable of a source he is or if it’s a smoke screen.

So many outlets are reporting the Jets love Mayfield, but hopefully it's all a smokescreen if Rosen is there at 3.  We all know I love Mayfield, but still prefer Rosen.  If Rosen and Darnold are somehow gone, 1 and 2, take Baker and don't look back.

This could be a smokescreen to get some team to jump us for Mayfield. Or the Jets could be assuming everyone will think it is a smokescreen. So they are actually leaking the guy they want so that people can assume that is the guy they don't want. Ah yes. What a tangled web.

Well. The one thing Jets fans know is Macc has been a fortress every year. So this is all media driven. After he fired the old regime's scout after his first draft, he hired all his guys. Those guys are still there. Unless one of them turned on Macc. 

18 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

So many outlets are reporting the Jets love Mayfield, but hopefully it's all a smokescreen if Rosen is there at 3.  We all know I love Mayfield, but still prefer Rosen.  If Rosen and Darnold are somehow gone, 1 and 2, take Baker and don't look back.

I agree with that. It would agitate me a lot if we draft mayfield over Rosen though.

7 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Someone mentioned about Macc's tendency with aging for 1st round.  If Darnold and Rosen were selected then Tremaine Edmunds has to be the pick since he won't turn 20 until next month. lol.

It wouldn't surprise if that gets supposedly leaked from some random source. The media is trying to generate these last few clicks before the draft.

56 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Agreed. Not sure how reliable of a source he is or if it’s a smoke screen.

FWIW my cousin told me the Jets are going to take Mayfield today. She's the person who tipped me on the Jets taking Hackenberg a few years ago. I'm hoping she's wrong. 

Archived