Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

18 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Yea not sure how I forgot about Lamb. He's solid. So, you think the talent around Baker is materially better than the talent around Darnold?

No, but I think Baker is a 22-23 redshirt senior who has been in the same system in his entire career, which spanned over 48 games. Sam Darnold is a 19-20 redshirt sophomore with similar talent around him (minus the offensive line) and played in the same scheme for his entire 27 game career. 

In short: Baker has a lot more experience than Darnold. 

People harping too much on Baker's offensive scheme limit.

You do know Kirk Cousins played in similar situation right? Now he's highest paid QB who actually curved us.

I'm sure Jeremy Bates realize this.

I have been critical of Macc at times this offseason which I still stand by. However the trade he pulled off must go down as a stroke of genius. I’d be bricking it now if we were still at #6 with five teams that could trade ahead of us to get a qb. To still keep our first pick next year is the icing on the cake. 

4 hours ago, DowNY said:

People harping too much on Baker's offensive scheme limit.

You do know Kirk Cousins played in similar situation right? Now he's highest paid QB who actually curved us.

I'm sure Jeremy Bates realize this.

Michigan State’s and OUs offenses couldn't be less alike.

5 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

That defeats the purpose of the offense.

Adding to this, @Bobby816 said Rosen can succeed in any offense while you need to cater around Baker's skills.  You tailor every scheme to your QB because no QB fits a scheme "perfectly".  Every QB has a flaw, every QB struggles with one type of throw or one type of play, etc.  You have to tailor your offense to your QB's strengths and stray away from his weaknesses.  Otherwise, what's the point?

Less than 2 more weeks fellas/ladies. Than we can all cheer for the same guy. Unfortunately, some of these QB's will have a shorter leash than others. But I'm pumped. 

Our receiving core will hopefully be solid. Anderson and Pryor have the potential to be solid number 2's. And Enunwa (if healthy) and Kearse are solid number 3's. Our o-line scares me. I don't mind not investing heavily in receivers because our coaching staff has shown the ability to develop those guys (Enunwa, Anderson, Kearse come to mind), but we need to invest a lot more in this o-line. Unfortunately, we won't be able to spend a round 1 or 2 pick on a o-line this year. So, that'll have to wait until next year. 

I'm really excited about our 3rd round pick. There are a lot of 2nd round prospects in this draft. And I think we will be able to get a second round talent with that 3rd round pick. Hoping for a player like Gesicki. He would be lethal in the red zone along with Pryor. I know we have some upside guys at TE, but I'd still go TE if the value presented itself.

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Less than 2 more weeks fellas/ladies. Than we can all cheer for the same guy. Unfortunately, some of these QB's will have a shorter leash than others. But I'm pumped. 

Our receiving core will hopefully be solid. Anderson and Pryor have the potential to be solid number 2's. And Enunwa (if healthy) and Kearse are solid number 3's. Our o-line scares me. I don't mind not investing heavily in receivers because our coaching staff has shown the ability to develop those guys (Enunwa, Anderson, Kearse come to mind), but we need to invest a lot more in this o-line. Unfortunately, we won't be able to spend a round 1 or 2 pick on a o-line this year. So, that'll have to wait until next year. 

I'm really excited about our 3rd round pick. There are a lot of 2nd round prospects in this draft. And I think we will be able to get a second round talent with that 3rd round pick. Hoping for a player like Gesicki. He would be lethal in the red zone along with Pryor. I know we have some upside guys at TE, but I'd still go TE if the value presented itself.

I forgot we have Pryor. This post got me so amped for the season.

19 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Adding to this, @Bobby816 said Rosen can succeed in any offense while you need to cater around Baker's skills.  You tailor every scheme to your QB because no QB fits a scheme "perfectly".  Every QB has a flaw, every QB struggles with one type of throw or one type of play, etc.  You have to tailor your offense to your QB's strengths and stray away from his weaknesses.  Otherwise, what's the point?

Yes you’re correct in that you try and make the system fit the QB. But there’s QBs that can fit a more variety of systems (like Rosen) when a guy like Mayfield can’t play in as many. That’s the point being made.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes you’re correct in that you try and make the system fit the QB. But there’s QBs that can fit a more variety of systems (like Rosen) when a guy like Mayfield can’t play in as many. That’s the point being made.

Name a system Baker wouldn't fit

Archived