Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

7 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I find it hard to believe anything right now. I think guys are simply trying to get out ahead of the pack so they can gain some "credibility."

It’s always hard to say. Chad Forbes reported the Jets love for Mayfield at the combine, but Mac has been so tight-lipped over the years that literally nobody knows. We’ll find out in 8 days. 

I hope the Jets draft board for the #3 pick is :

1. Sam Darnold

2.Josh Rosen

3. Saquan Barkley

There are too opinions on Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield to make them worthy of the 3rd overall pick.   Josh Rosen may have injury concerns but is clearly better then Allen and Mayfield.     Saquan Barkley is a home grown product who will thrive in the New York market.   Lets get this draft over with. 

GO JETS!!!

18 minutes ago, famousj said:

I hope the Jets draft board for the #3 pick is :

1. Sam Darnold

2.Josh Rosen

3. Saquan Barkley

There are too opinions on Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield to make them worthy of the 3rd overall pick.   Josh Rosen may have injury concerns but is clearly better then Allen and Mayfield.     Saquan Barkley is a home grown product who will thrive in the New York market.   Lets get this draft over with. 

GO JETS!!!

I love Barkley... but there’s pretty close to a 0% chance we traded up to 3 for a RB. We will go QB. Just what QBs we really like are the question.

Interesting take from Ernie Accorsi on the Elway draft class and the Eli draft class. He was GM of the Colts during the 83 draft and he of course drafted Eli to the Giants. 

He said that if you are not 100% convince on a QB, you should pass even if you are in need of a QB. Accorsi still has influence in the Giants organization and was hired by John Marra to assist in filling the GM slot that eventually went to Gettleman. Kind of consistent to what we are hearing about Gettleman's position which is he wants to draft someone he knows will be an All-Pro. 

As Goldman and Bowman watched Leaf’s career implode, they worked in the background on a test that might better predict a young player’s football aptitude. They sought to eliminate cultural and language biases and evaluate a handful of intelligence traits that translated directly to athletics, like the brain’s processing speed and its ability to recall information or adapt to shifting circumstances. They called their new test the AIQ (Athletic Intelligence Quotient), and they found a positive correlation between players with high scores and those who made early, meaningful contributions on the athletic field.

The AIQ has since been administered to more than 4,000 athletes across the major American sports leagues, including the NFL, which first adopted the test at the 2012 combine for a limited number of players and now tests everyone in Indy. Today two teams subscribe fully to the testing service (while a handful of others buy reports on certain players). One of those two teams already has its franchise quarterback. The other team is not a perennial winner; its pick is in the top half of the first round this year. It’s also one of the teams most interested in drafting Mayfield. Asked about the performance of specific players, Goldman declines to comment—but he does acknowledge that a ’18 QB prospect scored in the top 100 of all athletes ever to take the AIQ, and that this passer notched the second-highest score of the 63 QBs who have taken the test. Two league sources confirmed that this player was indeed Mayfield.

Doesn't change how I feel about Rosen being the best QB, but this portion of an overall great article gives me some hope with Mayfield. It sounds like he's a little more cerebral than I'm giving him credit for. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/18/baker-mayfield-2018-nfl-draft-quarterbacks

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m starting to fear we draft Mayfield over Rosen AND Darnold.

DOn't believe anything you hear right now it's all smoke.

I'd put money that its Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield in that order.  They'll take Mayfield without hesitation if the others go 1 and 2.

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m starting to fear we draft Mayfield over Rosen AND Darnold.

I think there's a good chance those three will be on the board when we pick at 3. We essentially are going to be able to get whoever is number 1 on our board. Unless Allen was number 1 on our board. 

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Doesn't change how I feel about Rosen being the best QB, but this portion of an overall great article gives me some hope with Mayfield. It sounds like he's a little more cerebral than I'm giving him credit for. 

Nice find. I'll have to read the article when I get a chance. But your summary was really helpful. 

6 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I think it shows that he's more humble than people give him credit for as well.

14 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Didn't know much about AIQ until now. But it sounds like it test field awareness, decision making, reaction time, creativity, etc. That shows up on Baker's tape. Doesn't surprise me that he scored high on this type of test. It's all the reasons why I've had him either at 1 or 2 for the last few months.

But it's just another data point in a matrix of data points. Pretty interesting stuff though.

I wonder which QB had the highest score ever?

Archived