Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

I'm all in on Mayfield.  100% sold he's the best guy for us.  Between him and Jamal we have two leaders on each side of the ball to take this team where it needs to go.

Groom him to be ready day one and let him roll.  Come next season hopefully he's taken his lumps and is improving and with a bunch of cap space we are ready to make a serious run in 2019.

29 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I think there’s a 60% chance we take Mayfield and a 40% chance we take Rosen at this point.

I have it 60% Baker, 25% Rosen, 15% Darnold falls and we take him.  

14 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'm all in on Mayfield.  100% sold he's the best guy for us.  Between him and Jamal we have two leaders on each side of the ball to take this team where it needs to go.

Groom him to be ready day one and let him roll.  Come next season hopefully he's taken his lumps and is improving and with a bunch of cap space we are ready to make a serious run in 2019.

Sounds good to me.

46 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I think there’s a 60% chance we take Mayfield and a 40% chance we take Rosen at this point.

As long as Darnold isn't there, I guarantee it's Mayfield.  We've been linked to him since the combine, he's an ideal fit for our offense, and he even ran plays at OU that we ran last year under Morton.

1 hour ago, Bianconero said:

I never understood the Carson Palmer love

He wasn't that good...

He wasn't great by any stretch and was inconsistent at times but Palmer was a really good QB.  Can't see how you would think otherwise.

5 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

A bit early but what are everyone's expectations for the team next year? 

Assuming we get either Rosen or Mayfield, I think our rookie QB will start the season opener. I'm thinking we finish between 6-10 and 8-8. 

McCown will start.  I'm not sure the rookie plays at all unless there's injuries.

1 hour ago, Bianconero said:

I never understood the Carson Palmer love

He wasn't that good...

He was pretty good in his prime man.  Not elite by any means, but nearly 50k career yards, 100+ more TD's than INT's, and a career 87.9 QBR.  His numbers are very similar to Eli's.  

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

A bit early but what are everyone's expectations for the team next year? 

Assuming we get either Rosen or Mayfield, I think our rookie QB will start the season opener. I'm thinking we finish between 6-10 and 8-8. 

thinkin McCown starts week 1, and the rookie takes over around week 4-5. 6-10, 7-9 seems fair so long as the rookie looks like a future franchise QB. hoping its broadway baker!

10 minutes ago, Jets913 said:

thinkin McCown starts week 1, and the rookie takes over around week 4-5. 6-10, 7-9 seems fair so long as the rookie looks like a future franchise QB. hoping its broadway baker!

Seems reasonable. The reason why I think Rosen/Mayfield start week 1 is that I think both will eat up the playbook fairly quickly. And I think both will look half way decent in pre-season. But I get why some think they will start on the bench giving Bowle's next man up approach. 

Archived