Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

23 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I don't think he's going to take one

I quoted Erni Accorsi a few pages back. He said the exact same thing on a podcast a few days ago. Basically saying you should only take a QB if you are 100% sold on him. The Giants are holding things close to vest, but it sounds like they are only sold on Barkley.

Adam Schefter announced that the 5th pick is for sale. That takes the biggest threat to move to number 2 off the market. I can't see anyone jumping us at the moment. 

I can't see the Giants trading back with MIA and BUF.

Nothing much has changed just that there's almost close to a 100% chance Rosen and Mayfield will be there at 3. 

This also means that the Broncos are likely not going QB.

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

Adam Schefter announced that the 5th pick is for sale. That takes the biggest threat to move to number 2 off the market. I can't see anyone jumping us at the moment. 

I can't see the Giants trading back with MIA and BUF.

Nothing much has changed just that there's almost close to a 100% chance Rosen and Mayfield will be there at 3. 

This also means that the Broncos are likely not going QB.

There is a ~75% chance that one of Darnold & Allen will be there too

40 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Nothing like seeing a fan base giving a guy a nickname when he’s not even on the team. Come on guys!!!

It's a week til draft & anxiety is mounting up. Let people have their fun. Can literally drum up nicknames for all the QB prospects. Lol

1 hour ago, Bianconero said:

I don't think he's going to take one

That 5 year setback thing is such an old way of thinking.  I agree that it can set the franchise back if you traded up a ton to get a QB.  But they are sitting there at 2.  Missing on a pass rusher or a LT at #2 doesn't ruin a franchise.... used the same capital to make the pick.

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Seriously think if Darnold is at 2, he trades with Denver

Elway just came out and said #5 is open for business.  I assumed trading down is what he meant.

BUF to #4 or #5 seems very possible.  Maybe Rosen, Mayfield or Allen should the draft go CLE - Darnold, NYG - Barkley, NYJ - Mayfield/Rosen

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Elway just came out and said #5 is open for business.  I assumed trading down is what he meant.

BUF to #4 or #5 seems very possible.  Maybe Rosen, Mayfield or Allen should the draft go CLE - Darnold, NYG - Barkley, NYJ - Mayfield/Rosen

Nothing stops a team like Buff from trading up to 5 and then up again to 2

3 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

That 5 year setback thing is such an old way of thinking.  I agree that it can set the franchise back if you traded up a ton to get a QB.  But they are sitting there at 2.  Missing on a pass rusher or a LT at #2 doesn't ruin a franchise.... used the same capital to make the pick.

I thought the exact same thing.  Terrible if he actually does believe that but who knows these guys just say weird things around these times that make no sense.  Like Bowles and his 6 or 7 guys statement after they traded up to 3.  Made no sense why he would say that but he didn't want to give anything away.  These guys are really calculated with what they say.

5 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Nothing stops a team like Buff from trading up to 5 and then up again to 2

DEN is going to want a nice haul to move from 5 to 12 and NYG are going to want one too moving from 2 to 5.  Not saying it won't happen but that's a real long shot.  

Probably need both 1's and maybe another pick to get to 5.  Then probably need to use 5 and next year 1 and both 2's if they didn't use them to get from 12 to 5 just to even be remotely close to getting to 2.  They are going to use essentially (3) 1st's and (2) 2nd's, and probably more to get all the way to 2.  If they did that and drafted Allen it would be hilarious.

Again possible yes but not probable.  They better be working to get to 5 now because doing 2 big trades on draft day is going to be a tough.   

7 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I thought the exact same thing.  Terrible if he actually does believe that but who knows these guys just say weird things around these times that make no sense.  Like Bowles and his 6 or 7 guys statement after they traded up to 3.  Made no sense why he would say that but he didn't want to give anything away.  These guys are really calculated with what they say.

The 6-7 guys thing is just Bowles not saying anything to the media.  He doesn't care what they think or report as long as he doesn't give away any info

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

DEN is going to want a nice haul to move from 5 to 12 and NYG are going to want one too moving from 2 to 5.  Not saying it won't happen but that's a real long shot.  

Probably need both 1's and maybe another pick to get to 5.  Then probably need to use 5 and next year 1 and both 2's if they didn't use them to get from 12 to 5 just to even be remotely close to getting to 2.  They are going to use essentially (3) 1st's and (2) 2nd's, and probably more to get all the way to 2.  If they did that and drafted Allen it would be hilarious.

Again possible yes but not probable.  They better be working to get to 5 now because doing 2 big trades on draft day is going to be a tough.   

Bills fans would be pissed if they traded up to 5, which wouldn't be cheap, and then traded again from 5 to 2 which would be even more expensive.  That team has lots of holes after all of the guys that they traded away in order to move up for a QB this year, which was then followed by 2 of their O linemen retiring.  If I was the Bills i would sit at 12 and wait and see who falls to me, if none of the top 4 fall take LJ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cm8lftFMUM

The first 4 minutes or so of this is some of the best reasons not to take Allen that i have heard.  I hadn't thought of it in quite these terms, but what game has he dominated?  Is there one game where he was the guy and dominated the game.  The other 4 guys, Rosen, Baker, Darnold, and Lamar have all flat out dominated games on many occasions each.  Some other good stuff on Allen in that video too.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

It’s not nearly as much as you think. 12 and their two 2nds is more than enough to get to 5. Pair 5 and 22 with say their 3rd and that should get them to 2. 

Archived