Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

3 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

FWIW, Peter King is saying that he has a trusted source that told him the browns are going Darnold.  He also has Rosen to the Jets and Mayfield to the Cards. 

Did the source say they are going Darnold or they are not going Allen? I read his mock draft this morning and it says that he has a trusted source that told him the Browns are not going Allen. Those are slightly different statement.

It's crazy how things are still so up in there with the first 3 picks. Supposedly the Jets had Rosen off their board. But 3 days before the draft, Peter King, a well connected reporter, has the Jets taking Rosen. 

It's going to be one hell of a first 45 minutes to the draft. 

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

Lol

The only reason why they probably have doubts of Baker is hand size. He was quoted as saying hand-size is important especially to play in the elements in Cleveland. Dorsey is really keeping everyone guessing. He is a little bit more stealth than Bowles. You know, we are looking at 6 or 7 guys. 

My exchange with a well-connected Allbright on twitter:

TQOsl-1g_bigger.jpgBenjamin AllbrightVerified account @AllbrightNFL
FollowingFollowing @AllbrightNFL
Replying to @Brett5mith

Allen would be my guess.

9:51 AM - 23 Apr 2018

•  

PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!!

Allen is a hard QB to be ok with for our franchise. We aren’t a franchise that can afford to wait for him to develop. He hands down has the highest ceiling of all the QBs, which also means lowest floor. We can’t afford to miss. That’s why I think Rosen is the safest pick. Darnold has the least amount of question marks, but has more to work on.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Allen is a hard QB to be ok with for our franchise. We aren’t a franchise that can afford to wait for him to develop. He hands down has the highest ceiling of all the QBs, which also means lowest floor. We can’t afford to miss. That’s why I think Rosen is the safest pick. Darnold has the least amount of question marks, but has more to work on.

Agreed. If this were Macc's year 1 at the helm, I could see him being intrigued by Allen. But fact of the matter is, he is at least 1, more likely 2 years away from being ready to play. I would love this scenario mentioned above, obviously if Rosen is the pick.

So, Albright thinks we have Rosen as our QB4 and Peter King thinks we have Rosen at least as our QB2. 

I can't see us going Allen over Rosen.

One of the positives put out their for Allen is that he ran a pro style offense. Supposedly Palmer fixed his mechanics. So, if he is ahead of the other QB's (except maybe Rosen) in understand pro schemes and his mechanics are fixed, what will be the hold up to letting him play?

22 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

So, Albright thinks we have Rosen as our QB4 and Peter King thinks we have Rosen at least as our QB2. 

One of the positives put out their for Allen is that he ran a pro style offense. Supposedly Palmer fixed his mechanics. So, if he is ahead of the other QB's (except maybe Rosen) in understand pro schemes and his mechanics are fixed, what will be the hold up to letting him play?

Allen for sure has a lot of tools to like. The only knock against him really is his accuracy. It will be if we believe he has fixed some of this in the pre draft process with good coaching and that we think it’s fixable. Bc that size and arm strength are elite. And it’s hard to not like a Wentz comparison for him.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Allen for sure has a lot of tools to like. The only knock against him really is his accuracy. It will be if we believe he has fixed some of this in the pre draft process with good coaching and that we think it’s fixable. Bc that size and arm strength are elite. And it’s hard to not like a Wentz comparison for him.

IMO, while the upside is there, he's too big of a project to take on for this team.  

35 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Moral of the story is that no one, despite how well connected they think they are, knows jack ****.  Luckily we will only have to listen to their guesses for 3 more days.

I've been waiting months for this draft and have studied each of these 4 QB to death after our trade up.  Now I won't even be able to watch the draft until like 9:30 and won't have any idea what's going on because I won't have access to a phone or computer.  Going to be a real surprise for me when I can get caught up.

With the 3rd pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the NY Jets select:

Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma University

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

I've been waiting months for this draft and have studied each of these 4 QB to death after our trade up.  Now I won't even be able to watch the draft until like 9:30 and won't have any idea what's going on because I won't have access to a phone or computer.  Going to be a real surprise for me when I can get caught up.

Damn, bro

5 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Terrible because I love draft night.  Love kicking back with my glass of Woodford Reserve on the rocks and watching round 1.

Same, it's the best time of the year

+ Infinity War this weekend as well? Bwoiiii

Archived