Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

That would have been a lot better than what actually happened. The media and some scouts are on edge because of his personality. He can't continue giving them leverage. That's just the reality of it. I'm already on record for saying I think it's between him and Rosen. I still think he can be a good QB, but he has to know what's going to work against him. Especially if we're going to bring him in the NY media world. 

Yup. 

Teams that are not comfortable with this kind of stuff shouldn't draft him thinking he is going to change. It comes with the territory. The owner's name is on Baker's list already.

Rosen & Baker are my top 2 QBs on the board. So long it's not Darnold or Allen, I will be grateful and be so happy that I may even buy Madden for the first time since my college years 4+ years ago. Lmao

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

Yeah, I wouldn't waste my time memorizing a playbook for pick #17 either. He's in the top 5 conversation and will likely be gone before #10. I blame the Chargers FO for thinking that was a reasonable assignment.

Its not about that though. Its yet again his arrogant attitude being shown. Which is what rubs me and many others the wrong way. Every other QB goes through this, yet Baker is too good for it.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Its not about that though. Its yet again his arrogant attitude being shown. Which is what rubs me and many others the wrong way. Every other QB goes through this, yet Baker is too good for it.

It's not arrogance.  More just BSing an interview/workout.   You think Josh Rosen would have had a personal workout with the Eagles if they asked him to?  Absolutely not.  The mistake he made/his agent made was not turning down the meeting.  Either learn the playbook or don't go to the meeting.  With that said, we also don't know if they asked him to learn five plays or learn fifty.

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I don't get how someone can say a 21 year old QB hit his ceiling.  If we're talking about a QB who doesn't have the arm strength to complete deep passes, I could understand, but we're talking about one of the QBs who do. This isn't directed at you, just in general. if there is a QB who has the tools to get the job done, performed at a high level, and his flaws are something that can be or is easier to improve, I see way higher ceiling in him than someone who can't take care of the ball or is throwing the ball 80 yards when his target is only 30 yards away. 

I get what your saying.   Guess the reality is some guys do hit their plateau in college and can't improve or adjust to he pro game.  Apparently there are scouts out there that feel that way about him ...... one thing for sure, we will see over the next few seasons. 

13 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

It's not arrogance.  More just BSing an interview/workout.   You think Josh Rosen would have had a personal workout with the Eagles if they asked him to?  Absolutely not.  The mistake he made/his agent made was not turning down the meeting.  Either learn the playbook or don't go to the meeting.  With that said, we also don't know if they asked him to learn five plays or learn fifty.

Its an interview. If you go to an interview and its not exactly the job you want. Every "non arrogant" person would still answer every question and do the best the could to nail the interview.

A lot of what relies on Mayfield being anything worth a darn is him getting rid of this arrogant attitude and all. And apparently he hasn't. Which is no surprise to some of us.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Its an interview. If you go to an interview and its not exactly the job you want. Every "non arrogant" person would still answer every question and do the best the could to nail the interview.

A lot of what relies on Mayfield being anything worth a darn is him getting rid of this arrogant attitude and all. And apparently he hasn't. Which is no surprise to some of us.

So it's arrogant for him to go on an interview unprepared, but not for a player to turn down an interview?

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

So it's arrogant for him to go on an interview unprepared, but not for a player to turn down an interview?

Id rather see him turn down the interview and not say why, than go to the interview and be an arrogant punk for that interview, Yes. And he was unprepared BY CHOICE.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Id rather see him turn down the interview and not say why, than go to the interview and be an arrogant punk for that interview, Yes.

He wasn't an arrogant punk.  Just made a dumb decision.  Also, i'm not condoning Baker's arrogance, but Rosen is arrogant too.  Darnold and Allen are the humble ones.

4 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

He wasn't an arrogant punk.  Just made a dumb decision.  Also, i'm not condoning Baker's arrogance, but Rosen is arrogant too.  Darnold and Allen are the humble ones.

I agree. But Mayfield is supposed to show growth as a person during this pre draft process (like Rosen should as well) and this is a thing to point to that he hasn't at all. Which should worry teams.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I agree. But Mayfield is supposed to show growth as a person during this pre draft process (like Rosen should as well) and this is a thing to point to that he hasn't at all. Which should worry teams.

The Chargers playbook is a bad look, but most have said he's been killing it in interviews and workouts which is why he's risen as high as has.  I think people see the leadership qualities there and would rather take a chance on a guy who could cost you a penalty here or there as opposed to a guy who may or may not get bored with football in a few years.  I'm cool with whichever we take at 3, assuming Darnold is gone, but only time will tell.

6 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Saying you’re more focus on learning other okaybooks(top 5 picks for example) is arrogance. 

Mayfield is not a top 5 lock and the Chargers could have really loved him and wanted to move up to get him. 

Nevermind, didn't read his whole quote

Archived