Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

11 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Ok lets say Goff or Wentz did this to us in 2016 when we had the #20 pick, i don't think anyone of us would care.  Add in that unlike the chargers we didn't have a QB in place, and it still wouldn't have moved the needle.

If Baker did it to us this year when we are at #3 then sure that would be really weird.  At the same time he is the only guy that is unabashedly saying he would love the chance to turn around the Browns.  There has been talks of Rosen not wanting to be on the Browns, and potentially trying to get out of being the number 1 pick.  But lets spend more time talking about Baker not learning the Chargers playbook quite as well as he could have(a team he is never going to get drafted by).

If Goff or Wentz did it then I wouldn’t want them on this team. 

If Baker didn’t take the meeting with LA because he only want to focus on top 10-12 teams that’s okay, I’m fine with that. 

But don’t take the meeting, blow it, get called out for being unprofessional then say you rather focus on other playbooks you got a lot on your plate. 

That’s just a bad look. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t think any opponent has ever raved about Mayfield’s personality

Lol who cares what they think about his personality. Opponents of his have stated numerous times he’s a tough guy to play against, don’t quick care if they want to have a beer with him after the game. Guy is a winner. I really don’t understand what you see when you watch his tape to be honest. You are clearly one of the few who will criticize the way he stands at the urinal when he takes a pisss. Does he love football? Does he win? Does he make the NFL throws? Did he start for more than 2 years? Is he proven to be accurate?

Anybody need help with the answers?

kids not perfect but there isn’t a single QB prospect that is. Not to mention the good ole boy across town was a bigger a-hole come draft time than Baker ever was. oh and he’s not even a tenth of the leader Baker is. Just saying. Rest my case. 

Still will be happy with anyone not named Josh Allen, but to say Baker Mayfield is a good prospect for some of these minuscule hiccups, which is exactly what they are, is just ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think I love him 

I like him a lot too. Hard not to. He is very pro ready. Hopefully this “I want to be the best” talk isn’t just talk. I hope he means it. My biggest issue with Sanchez was he said everything we wanted to hear and literally nothing translated to the field. Talk like that scares me, but I do love Rosen as a prospect and honestly hated Sanchez as one. If he’s our choice I just pray he stays healthy and he works out. We deserve it. 

29 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Sounds like opponents think he is a competitor. Tom Herman puts it a bit more direct.

Tom Herman on Baker Mayfield.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-path-to-the-draft/0ap3000000923712/Tom-Herman-on-Baker-Mayfield-Holy-smokes-lightning-in-a-bottle

OSU Players on Baker

I don’t think anyone could refute his competitiveness. 

Archived