Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

That is why the Browns are a disaster, they could have gotten Barkley for the rookie price and did not have to spend all that money on Dr Jekyll & Mr. Hyde. And still get a top QB at four.

The salary for the #4 player in the draft is still quite a bit more than they paid for Hyde.  If you want to make a salary argument then the Browns, and basically every other team, should want to draft RB's from the 2nd round on instead of signing FA's

4 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Think the Browns take Chubb or Ward at 4 if they don't trade down

or Nelson or Minkah.  A case can be made for any of them.  I think the hardest case to make is for Saquon.  If i were them it would come down to Chubb or Nelson.  Chubb across from Garrett makes their D scary for years to come.  Nelson helps turn around that offense no matter who the RB is, and helps their QB stay alive.

5 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

or Nelson or Minkah.  A case can be made for any of them.  I think the hardest case to make is for Saquon.  If i were them it would come down to Chubb or Nelson.  Chubb across from Garrett makes their D scary for years to come.  Nelson helps turn around that offense no matter who the RB is, and helps their QB stay alive.

Don't think Nelson is an option for them unless they believe he can play LT. Already have a solid OG duo in Bitonio and Zietler. Minkah on the other hand I could see.

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

Don't think Nelson is an option for them unless they believe he can play LT. Already have a solid OG duo in Bitonio and Zietler. Minkah on the other hand I could see.

In that case I go Chubb and try to recreate how Denver wreaked havoc with Von and Ware.  Just 2 studs rushing around the outside every play is hard to deal with.

2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Jets GM Mike Maccagnan on picking 3rd in the draft: “It’s not as if we’re totally locked in there.” ... But he adds they “feel pretty good” about what will be available at 3.

— Ralph Vacchiano (@RVacchianoSNY) March 26, 2018

To your point. But he also said

Maccagnan confirmed the Jets talked to the Browns about the No. 1 pick, but “we didn’t really talk to” the Giants about the No. 2. 

I feel like getting to 3 was big. Now to get to 2 (only if we have to to get our guy) shouldn’t be that hard. A 3rd Rounder should do it actually. My point is you don’t move up to 3 to miss out on your guy. They’ll move up to 2 if they have to.

39 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I feel like getting to 3 was big. Now to get to 2 (only if we have to to get our guy) shouldn’t be that hard. A 3rd Rounder should do it actually. My point is you don’t move up to 3 to miss out on your guy. They’ll move up to 2 if they have to.

It'll cost more than a 3rd rounder

26 minutes ago, BJets512 said:

I PRAYYYYYYY

It's all possible. Maybe the owner sitting next to Darnold's parents was to flex on the Giants. 

I do feel like we're going to end up with Rosen unless the Bills trade up and select him. 

33 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

It's all possible. Maybe the owner sitting next to Darnold's parents was to flex on the Giants. 

I do feel like we're going to end up with Rosen unless the Bills trade up and select him. 

I think we're gonna end up with Allen 

The more I look into this the more middling Rosen looks to me ... he couldn't honestly be the lowest ceiling of the top 5 QBs in this draft. 

Allen, Darnold, Mayfield, Jackson all above him in ceiling. Hes prob higher than all in floor but I dont think hes gonna grow much higher than those

So if the Giants don't budge, do the Browns draft Allen? 

Could Allen be on top of two maybe three teams draft board? Bills, Browns and Denver?

jets seem to have Rosen at 1. Giants have Darnold.

Is there a team high on Mayfield and Jackson? Those guys haven't been linked to anyone.

So much gamesmanship going on. I don't recall a draft like this ever in any sport. 

1 hour ago, KBS756 said:

I think we're gonna end up with Allen 

The more I look into this the more middling Rosen looks to me ... he couldn't honestly be the lowest ceiling of the top 5 QBs in this draft. 

Allen, Darnold, Mayfield, Jackson all above him in ceiling. Hes prob higher than all in floor but I dont think hes gonna grow much higher than those

I think you are selling Rosen short. His ceiling is Matt Ryan. Can't ask for a higher ceiling than that. He also is the likeliest to hit his ceiling. We can all hope Allen becomes  Big Ben but what are the odds? You can actually see Rosen become Matt Ryan because he has done it at the college level. It's not just about who has the highest ceiling but also how likely that player is to getting there that matter. 

I think all 4 will be 10 plus year pros. But I'll take my chances on Rosen haven the better career of all them.

2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

It'll cost more than a 3rd rounder

Probably, but not much more. At the end of the day we gave up 3 2nd Rounders what's given up a couple more mid round picks to get "our" guy? Its already something we've pretty much gone all in on. That's why I don't see us moving up all ti miss out on our guy.

Archived