Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I'm surprised Chad didn't become a coach

Same I’m surprised he definitely understood the position.

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

I was listening to Chad on a podcast and basically he said he thinks Allen is the rawest with the most upside, Rosen has the best set of tools right now, and Mayfield is an underrated passer but needs an offense tailored around his height like Brees and Wilson to be successful.  Sounds about right IMO

Sounds like what most of us believe just different weights we have on all diff aspects 

1 minute ago, KBS756 said:

I do think that Rosen should be below Allen for that reason, he didn’t make big plays when things fell apart from what the initial call and read told him (especially if he had to move)

and I absolutely believe that is a trait a QB needs to be elite in today’s NFL

also of the top 5 I think his arm may be the worst in terms of arm strength 

and his stats are padded with quick dump offs and screens. As well as the fact he made a lotta throws on crossers over the middle short to medium depth. Didn’t see that many big deep passes on time and without slowing down receivers.

Ya there were a TON of easy crossing patterns, but Mayfield had easy passes too.  Allen is the only one who had very few easy passes.

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

Ya there were a TON of easy crossing patterns, but Mayfield had easy passes too.  Allen is the only one who had very few easy passes.

I know mayfield had plenty of open receivers and easy routes . Rate him above Rosen because he creates even when flushed and things are off schedule . I like his bravado leadership personality as well. And I think his arm is better than Rosen’s 

1 minute ago, KBS756 said:

I know mayfield had plenty of open receivers and easy routes . Rate him above Rosen because he creates even when flushed and things are off schedule . I like his bravado leadership personality as well. And I think his arm is better than Rosen’s 

Both have a reel of underthrown deep balls, but I think both are more than capable of it.  I think Bakers arm is slightly stronger, but Rosen has that easy motion that looks real nice and the ball is always a nice spiral.

1 hour ago, rampantjet said:

Both have a reel of underthrown deep balls, but I think both are more than capable of it.  I think Bakers arm is slightly stronger, but Rosen has that easy motion that looks real nice and the ball is always a nice spiral.

Yea.  Both have plenty of arm strong strength. Heard a stat that 90% of passes in the NFL go for 20 yards or less. So while both those guys can launch it 50+ yards, those plays are rare in the NFL. Maybe 2-4 per game. 

Was watching film on Baker from HS. On one play he got flushed out of the pocket in the end zone and threw it 50 yards while rolling out to his left. 

Josh Allen's HS completion % was 54%. About what his college stat was. Don't have film to see if this was also because of his receivers or because he ran a pro style offense. But at some point great players transend the game at the amateur level. Most of the guys who make it in professional sports were stars before they even got drafted. Elite players transcend the game even at an early age. 

14 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’m honestly starting to lean towards Mayfield being the better fit for us than Rosen. I’m crazy

Same. I think I am off the Rosen bandwagon and on Broadway Baker's train to the meadowlands. 

Just now, SDotNova said:

Josh Allen's HS completion % was 54%. About what his college stat was. Don't have film to see if this was also because of his receivers or because he ran a pro style offense. But at some point great players transend the game at the amateur level. Most of the guys who make it in professional sports were stars before they even got drafted. Elite players transcend the game even at an early age. 

Yikes that is pretty scary.  In HS any guy who will eventually be a top 5 pick in the NFL should have off the charts stats.  Go watch a video of Jadeveon Clowney playing in HS... it should be like that.... kind of.... he is a super freak.

Josh Allen is classified as a late boomer. I have no idea how long did he play football in HS but his height made a major change during the JRCC year.  He actually tried to make a pitch for Fresno State by comparing himself to smaller qbs on their roster.  Everyone didn't take his idiotic pitch seriously.  Power 5 schools have been no strangers to small qbs for many years. WTF? 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Watching some Allen highlights and I noticed he loved throwing to Gentry in 2016. In fact Gentry caught for 1.360yds and 14TDs that year. This should be considered when you see the drop off of his production. I still rank him 4th of the QBs, but the talent Allen played with should be considered.

This doesn’t get talked about enough. The drop off in talent from ‘16 to ‘17 was immense. Brian Hill, Wyoming’s star running back went to the Falcons in the 5th round. They also lost a few offensive lineman, including their center who went in round 6. I think it’s a testament to Allen that he finished with an 8-3 record as the starting QB in ‘17.

1 hour ago, rampantjet said:

I am having a really hard time figuring out this QB class.  I have watched more of these guys than is probably healthy, and I have gone back and forth on all of them.  Here is how my rankings stand right now.  I left out Darnold because I don't think we really have a chance at him. 

1a- Mayfield-  I just really like how this kid plays.  Talk about his height all you want but he has the best in play processor of any of these guys imo.  His unreal stats while under pressure tell the story.  Talk about his superior team all you want but plays under pressure kind of takes that out of the equation as much as anything.  The last thing is i just like the kid.  That shouldn't factor into it, but i am a fan of the team who wants to root for someone, and he is the easiest dude for me to root for.  I can see how some might be turned off by his personality, but I love it and I think he brings a fire we have needed on offense forever.

I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again...

If it weren’t for Mayfield being so likable, fans wouldn’t be nearly as high on him. The tape doesn’t lie. Fans are being blinded by emotions and stats. There are a ton of things on tape to be concerned with. At the end of the day, there are things you just don’t get to see him do on tape that he will need to do in order to be successful in the NFL.

Archived