Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

6 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Mayfield had one of the highest adjusted completion percentages in college football history.  That's a BOLD statement.

Adjusted completion pct excuses the most important thing that would happen in NFL.  Batting down at LOS since he is a short qb.

Also, it doesn't erase all bad throws that are amazingly caught by receivers. 

5 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Mayfield had one of the highest adjusted completion percentages in college football history.  That's a BOLD statement.

That’s a stat. So based on that he’s the best College QB ever?

Based on college stats Colt Brennan, BJ Symons and Case Keenum should be the best NFL QBs ever. Theres a big difference. Especially in the Big 12. Every Wab puts up monster stats every year. Completion %, yards, TDs everything.

I think his stats a bold personality is what have people infatuated with him, rather than actually looking at his game transferring to the NFL.  

10 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Adjusted completion pct excuses the most important thing that would happen in NFL.  Batting down at LOS since he is a short qb.

Also isn’t taking into consideration how wide open receivers were he threw to the majority of the time. That will happen nearly none of the time in the NFL.

15 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

That's fair, but if you want to take in account just completions and drops, he's over 75%.

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s a stat. So based on that he’s the best College QB ever?

Based on college stats Colt Brennan, BJ Symons and Case Keenum should be the best NFL QBs ever. Theres a big difference. Especially in the Big 12. Every Wab puts up monster stats every year. Completion %, yards, TDs everything.

I think his stats a bold personality is what have people infatuated with him, rather than actually looking at his game transferring to the NFL.  

No, but that's an insane statement for a guy who's adjusted completion percentage was still one of the worst in college football. 

18 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Also, he only had 2 batted balls this year.  

Couple things that have come up that play into how the Jets FO is thinking or not thinking.

Rosen: One of the negatives against him is that he is outspoken (particularly about politics). This may be a no-no to some NFL teams

Chris Johnson on outspoken NFL players: ""I can't speak to how other people run their teams," Johnson said at the Ritz-Carlton hotel on Sunday, "but I just think that trying to forcibly get the players to shut up is a fantastically bad idea." Sounds like the Jets are a team that won't be bothered by Rosen's perceived off the field issues.

Mayfield: One of the negatives against Mayfield is that he is cocky and has had some on the field antics. Some may not see him as a leader.  A second negative is height.

Bowles on height: Russell Wilson will argue that,” Bowles said. “As well as Fran Tarkenton. As well as quite a few other guys. So you don’t know. If you can play, you can play.”

Bowles on Baker's antics: 

It’s college football,” Bowles said. “He’s an emotional guy. I’ve seen [Terrell Owens] do a lot of things. I’ve seen worse than that.“Players get excited when they play. That’s kind of the way they are.”

8 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Jamarcus Russell ? Chad Kelly?

Was being sarcastic for the point that Bobby keeps bringing up about Baker playing in the Big12 Conference yet the best conference in College football hasn't produced a good QB since Eli Manning. Talent transcends everything, conference/team/division and Baker has that.

edit: forgot about Cam and Stafford but still doesn't change my stance

So just some facts here:

-Mayfield had 1.1% of his passes batted down; Allen had 1.7% (height is clearly a concern with Baker here)

-Allen's adjusted completion percentage is around 61%, Baker's is over 78%

-Dropped passes: Allen was at 7.84%, Baker at 9.49% (but Allen's surrounding talent is terrible)

-Completion percentage for passes that were deemed catchable: Mayfield at 84.1%, Allen at 70.8% which is near the bottom of all QB's; Baker leads this category for the 4th quarter as well while Allen is near the bottom again.

Should I get into deep ball accuracy?

I don't like either of their deep balls. 

Watching Mayfield though he almost always has a clean pocket initially. His scrambling always comes after he holds the ball for a long time. 

Both can be accurate. Mayfield has proven it more. 

3 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

So just some facts here:

-Mayfield had 1.1% of his passes batted down; Allen had 1.7% (height is clearly a concern with Baker here)

-Allen's adjusted completion percentage is around 61%, Baker's is over 78%

-Dropped passes: Allen was at 7.84%, Baker at 9.49% (but Allen's surrounding talent is terrible)

-Completion percentage for passes that were deemed catchable: Mayfield at 84.1%, Allen at 70.8% which is near the bottom of all QB's; Baker leads this category for the 4th quarter as well while Allen is near the bottom again.

Should I get into deep ball accuracy?

And my biggest argument against Mayfield’s completion percentage is how wide open his guys were so often. You pro Mayfield guys keep throwing the adjusted % out there. Which doesn’t take at all into consideration how easy most of his throws were. And that has a lot to do with the offense he played in and he can’t control that. But it’s not a viable stat that transfers over to the NFL. You put a lot of 1st around talent QBs on that OU team and they play similar.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

And my biggest argument against Mayfield’s completion percentage is how wide open his guys were so often. You pro Mayfield guys keep throwing the adjusted % out there. Which doesn’t take at all into consideration how easy most of his throws were. And that has a lot to do with the offense he played in and he can’t control that. But it’s not a viable stat that transfers over to the NFL. You put a lot of 1st around talent QBs on that OU team and they play similar.

It's college even Darnold and Rosen threw to guys that were WIDE open that's just the nature of college football.

Archived