Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

FWIW, Alan Hahn says he has heard that Josh Rosen is a "lock" to be the Jets selection at #3. 

That’s ideal for me. We will see. I’m at this point just excited we will have a young QB to be optimistic about in a few weeks.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s ideal for me. We will see. I’m at this point just excited we will have a young QB to be optimistic about in a few weeks.

Sounds pretty convinced too. He's saying he wants Allen and he's not a big fan of Rosen because he'll be a "pain in the rear", but from everything he's heard he will be the pick because he's too talented to pass up. They'll cater to his personality and feel Bates is the right match for him. 

37 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

FWIW, Alan Hahn says he has heard that Josh Rosen is a "lock" to be the Jets selection at #3. 

I will counter your Alan Hahn with Pat Kirwan, who has heard Allen, Darnold,  Mayfield.  Makes the point the Jets wouldn't have made the investment they did at three if Rosen  was their guy. They never even called the Giants.

12 minutes ago, Harris Smith said:

I will counter your Alan Hahn with Pat Kirwan, who has heard Allen, Darnold,  Mayfield.  Makes the point the Jets wouldn't have made the investment they did at three if Rosen  was their guy. They never even called the Giants.

Pat's been drinking again; why would making the move to 3 indicate Rosen is not a player they would take? Why would it signal anyone else was? What do the Giants have to do with anything when the Jets called the Browns about moving up to #1?

I think the point is that people in league circles are starting to feel Allen/Darnold go top 2, leaving the Jets to select Rosen at 3, at least according to Hahn. Daniel Jeremiah and Mel Kiper have begun to echo the same...  not saying it means we're going to draft Rosen, it's just one of many sources. I just don't buy Kirwan's take. 

People need to stop running with the latest rumor.  I think every QB in the universe has been a lock for us at least once on some report.  We can just guess who will go first and try to figure out who will drop to us.  Just a shot in the dark but I think the Browns go with Allen, and the Giants take Darnold who has been pretty consistently reported as the only QB the Giants really want.  That would leave us with Rosen or Baker.  Honestly I am fine with either, they both have their pro's and cons.  I think both could end up being good pro's and i can certainly see a scenario where both bust.  If I had my way I would probably slightly lean towards Baker as I find him entertaining and i don't think his bust potential is any higher than Rosen's, but I wouldn't be broken up either way.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Not true. I’m not saying you have. But several people on here have said that his antics show that he has fire and is highly competitive. Like his antics are a positive. Which couldn’t be less true. That’s people who are jut fans of him, excusing it. These are the same people pretty much who criticize Rosen for things off the field. Which I find odd. I’ll take a guy voicing a political stance every day of the week over a guy running from the cops after being arrested. 

There’s a difference between arguing where the issues stem from and saying they never happened. 

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Pat's been drinking again; why would making the move to 3 indicate Rosen is not a player they would take? Why would it signal anyone else was? What do the Giants have to do with anything when the Jets called the Browns about moving up to #1?

I think the point is that people in league circles are starting to feel Allen/Darnold go top 2, leaving the Jets to select Rosen at 3, at least according to Hahn. Daniel Jeremiah and Mel Kiper have begun to echo the same...  not saying it means we're going to draft Rosen, it's just one of many sources. I just don't buy Kirwan's take. 

What Kirwan is trying to say, is that with the Jets trading up to three, making the investment they did, if they were Rosen or bust they surely would of called the NYG, who could be a considered a rival for the choice, but never even inquired.

Quite frankly, I think Allen was their no. 1 on the board. Mayfield is no.2. Once it was established they couldn't get to 1, they locked in at Mayfield.  Could of got Rosen at two for sure, but they weren't even interested enough to call.

I think the exact opposite as some are saying on here. I think there’s a slim chance we traded up to 3 for Mayfield. He out of all these QBs probably had the most chance to be available at 6. Therefor I think us trading up to 3 took him out of the question. That’s just my opinion.

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think the exact opposite as some are saying on here. I think there’s a slim chance we traded up to 3 for Mayfield. He out of all these QBs probably had the most chance to be available at 6. Therefor I think us trading up to 3 took him out of the question. That’s just my opinion.

The key word is chance.  Mac is all out of chances.He's got the QB his career is riding on. He boxed the Bills,  Dolphins,  name the team,  out of position to jump over him, unless something unbelievable happens. He will have a ton cap space to launch the player's career next year.

Archived