Where are they now?

ET80

16 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

No crap? See, it's players(people) like him that I admire the most. The ones that think about life outside of their initial goal..."I wanna play in the NFL, but what if it don't work out? I gotta have a fall-back plan"....and they assert themselves. They educate themselves on things outside of football even while playing out their dream....all at the same time. That's called being smart and dedicated -- equally.

I know Richard Sherman gets alot of flack for being brash but behind all the cameras he is another very intelligent person that I could see following the same path in the future. There are alot more, he was just the first one that I thought of. 

Yea man, check out his website and everything

https://voteanthonygonzalez.com/

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

What happened to Mario Williams? He was supposed to be a generational pass rusher

Maybe he didn't live up to the hype completely, but a ten-year career with ~100 sacks (along with 4x probowls and an all-pro) don't quite fit with the spirit of this thread IMO.

On 3/19/2018 at 3:02 PM, navysaintsfan said:

I still think my favorite "Where did he go/What happened?" is Peyton Hillis. I mean he got a Madden cover and then seemed like he was never heard from again.

Couple of things about the meteoric career of Peyton "Madden Cover" Hillis, its sad denouement, and his subsequent mysterious disappearance:

There have been good points made above about Hillis' crash-bang running style, and the predictable short shelf-life of a running back trying to play like Jim Taylor in the 21st Century. Peyton was oddly moody, morphing from a gung-ho Marine into a reluctant dragon who reputedly let down his teammates, let his contract troubles affect his play, and was bothered by strep throat and other ailments. BUT: there was a persistent, if never confirmed, rumor that the studly (soi-disant) Hillis got off to a bad start in Denver by hitting on, perhaps unknowingly, Laura McDaniels, the wife of boyish and himself-troubled head coach, Josh McDaniels:

Peyton Hillis attempted to bang Josh McDaniels wife was the reason for lack of playing time.

This is Laura McDaniels; wife of NFL coach Josh McDaniels. Her husband is the defensive coordinator for the New England Patriots

Image result for peyton hillis maddenImage result for josh mcdanielsImage result for peyton hillis wife
Image result for Peyton Hillis
  1. Date Posted: Dec 2, 2010 #1
    Advertisement

Was Peyton Hillis trying to dip his pen in the company ink?

Could that really be why McDaniels’ has seemingly hated Hillis since the two were both in Denver together? Its that why the brash young head coach was so eager to jettison such a talented running back from his team without ever letting him see the field?

That’s the word on the street according to Mark Schlereth and Alfred Williams, who claimed on 104.3 the Fan today that it has long been common knowledge around the Broncos organization. Apparently, the story goes that Hillis – who is a single bachelor about town – made the moves on McDaniels wife, Laura, shortly after they got to Denver. It’s unclear whether or not Peyton actually knew who he was hitting on, but regardless, McDaniels supposedly got wind of it, and that was it for Hillis.

- Not exactly a smart move, politically, attempting to seduce the coach's wife. McDaniels, not a paragon of maturity himself, apparently went into Full Pout Mode over the brawny Hillis romancing his wife (he might instead have taken the young man aside and explained they wanted him to plow opposing defenders, not coaches' wives), and condemned the player to Bronco Purgatory for his remaining time in Denver.
    -Also unconfirmed was the rumor that McDaniels all but left his wife in the wake of this mess, and had in fact moved to Terre Haute to live with Miss Indiana of 2010, until Laura McDaniels wooed him back with an eleventh-hour "counter offer".
    NFL running back Peyton Hillis puts his rural ranch on the block

Peyton Hillis later married his college sweetheart, or something, and the two settled down after his NFL career fizzled to a Walton-esque idyllic existence on their 8,000-acre soybean farm in Tennessee; in fact, he made the cover of the magazine Agricultural Monthly, flexing his farm-boy biceps. Were this a made-for-TV movie on the Life Channel, the Peyton Hillis story would have ended right there; sadly, in 2015, it was reported that "Hillis Hills", the magnificent soybean farm, had been put up for sale by its owner. What has happened to the Young Hero since that time is shrouded in mystery: has he gone underground? Enrolled in the Witness Protection Program to avoid being bumped off by mafia goons from Boston, hired by McDaniels and Belichick?

Or is Peyton Hillis still out there, watching, waiting, training (perhaps with Trent Richardson) for the right time to resume his abortive NFL career??? Madden 2019, and its cover, breathlessly await!!!

Archived