Where are they now?

ET80

So, I was in the NFL News forum, looking at the Blount to Detroit thread and randomly thought to myself "Whatever happened to Karlos Williams?" The former Seminole had a really strong rookie campaign behind Shady McCoy, but was never heard from again. (Google tells me he was suspended for a year, so I get that part).

Figured we'd create a thread about it, see if we can one up Google, or have a thread where we can talk about these "Where are they now?" stories. 

Any other names?

Andre Whitsworth; pass rusher from florida state in the late 90's was the first thing that came to mind. He has looked at as a for sure thing at DE. I know injuries derailed his career but I haven't heard about him along time. 

Jared Lorenzen, who was a cute feel-good story as "The Hefty Lefty" when he was a 280-lb. QB hopeful for the Giants, briefly, is far from a cute story now; rather, he is a 500-lb Morbidly Obese person.

https://www.today.com/health/ex-giants-qb-jared-lorenzen-tries-sack-obesity-t114896

Stepping on the scale last year for the first time since he left the NFL in 2008, former New York Giants quarterback Jared Lorenzen was hit harder than he ever had been by a blitzing linebacker.

At least it felt that way when he read 502.8 pounds on the digital display.

jared-lorenzo-today-inline-170809_3f94d8Image result for Jared Lorenzen

3 hours ago, bzane said:

Jared Lorenzen, who was a cute feel-good story as "The Hefty Lefty" when he was a 280-lb. QB hopeful for the Giants, briefly, is far from a cute story now; rather, he is a 500-lb Morbidly Obese person.

https://www.today.com/health/ex-giants-qb-jared-lorenzen-tries-sack-obesity-t114896

Stepping on the scale last year for the first time since he left the NFL in 2008, former New York Giants quarterback Jared Lorenzen was hit harder than he ever had been by a blitzing linebacker.

At least it felt that way when he read 502.8 pounds on the digital display.

jared-lorenzo-today-inline-170809_3f94d8Image result for Jared Lorenzen

The Pillsbury Throw-boy ?

5 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Andre Whitsworth; pass rusher from florida state in the late 90's was the first thing that came to mind. He has looked at as a for sure thing at DE. I know injuries derailed his career but I haven't heard about him along time. 

I remember him - thought the same thing as well, but microfracture and arthroscopic surgery/recovery was really a hit or miss proposition.

Archived