MOCK round by round (ROUND 4 on page 9)

squire12

Just now, packfanfb said:

Too bad it's such a ****ty year for top OL. We could use 2 or 3 OL going 1-13 to push some defenders our way but outside of Nelson, a guard no less, there's not much there. 

You might be able to get Price from Ohio St. in 3rd do to his injury.  (?)

1 minute ago, jleisher said:

Just to be different, Vita Vea.  Now they would have an awesome rotation on the DL, that could all add pressure.  

@jleisher

No need to be different, really should make the pick that you feel adds the most to the GB Packers in 2018 and beyond.  

1 minute ago, jleisher said:

You might be able to get Price from Ohio St. in 3rd do to his injury.  (?)

We will see where he ends up as we get that far, if he is still on the board.  Part of this Mock is to make your pick without knowing what will be on the board by the time your next pick comes around.  

Just now, jleisher said:
1 minute ago, squire12 said:

@jleisher

No need to be different, really should make the pick that you feel adds the most to the GB Packers in 2018 and beyond.  

I think he does.

Fair reasoning.  You have him rated above the other options by enough to offset the positional need/value?

I'd have to go Landry and I wouldn't even be sad about it. I also think Matthews gets extended at some point, which means with our DL, Matthews, and Perry somebody would always get free and our pass rush is fixed for a couple years at least. 

4 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I'd have to go Landry and I wouldn't even be sad about it. I also think Matthews gets extended at some point, which means with our DL, Matthews, and Perry somebody would always get free and our pass rush is fixed for a couple years at least. 

Are you thinking Matthews is extended this offseason?   Not sure the reasoning to do that now with most of the higher price FA off the market.  GB has enough cap space to make a few moves, so extending or restructuring Matthews seems unnecessary.  He is off the books after this season, so depending on his play in Pettine's defense, he may not be "worthy" of an extension being another year older.

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Are you thinking Matthews is extended this offseason?   Not sure the reasoning to do that now with most of the higher price FA off the market.  GB has enough cap space to make a few moves, so extending or restructuring Matthews seems unnecessary.  He is off the books after this season, so depending on his play in Pettine's defense, he may not be "worthy" of an extension being another year older.

No I feel like he'll probably get something done during the season or shortly thereafter. Idk I think he might have a resurgence with a new DC, Wilkerson, and Landry (if that's who they pick).

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It would be frustrating if things fell this way.  I'd be looking to move back a few picks.  If I was to stay put it's Davenport or Landry.  I'd take Davenport because of his great size.  

@{Family Ghost}   How far down and would you be willing to take less in return for the 14 pick?   Just interested to see how much the desire to trade back is worth it in a discount on the value.  

Why the frustration with the board as it is?  Seems like some options are there?   Is there a particular player you were/are hoping would still be there?

15 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@{Family Ghost}   How far down and would you be willing to take less in return for the 14 pick?   Just interested to see how much the desire to trade back is worth it in a discount on the value.  

Why the frustration with the board as it is?  Seems like some options are there?   Is there a particular player you were/are hoping would still be there?

In that given scenario all of the top tier defenders are off the board.  I figure there is no chance for Chubb, but a decent chance that one of Ward, Fitzpatrick, James, Edmunds or Smith makes it thru to #14.  

I would trade back to the early 20s and probably be able to still land a 2nd tier defender while also picking up another 3rd rounder or so. 

I kind of think we may be a trade up option to land one of the big 6 defenders. 

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

In that given scenario all of the top tier defenders are off the board.  I figure there is no chance for Chubb, but a decent chance that one of Ward, Fitzpatrick, James, Edmunds or Smith makes it thru to #14.  

I would trade back to the early 20s and probably be able to still land a 2nd tier defender while also picking up another 3rd rounder or so. 

I kind of think we may be a trade up option to land one of the big 6 defenders. 

Thanks for you response.  I could see a trade back as being an option.  My issue with that being that without a QB on the board, I feel the return would be less than if a team was really wanting to move up for that QB.  Also would worry about dropping back too far and missing out on a run of Landry/Davenport/LVE/Vea/Payne

2 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Man I would love to trade up to any of the picks 7 8 or 9 to nab one of those DBs.

At this point though, if we haven't addressed Corner at all before the draft, Josh Jackson could be our pick. Safer pick is Landry, needy pick Jackson.

I could see that, but I'd opt for the pass rusher over the corner at 14.  I'd take Davenport, and then look to deal up from our 2nd round pick for the best remaining cornerback. 

Archived