Suh Watch

titans0021

10 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

So if we don't land Suh or Hankins what would be the ideal plan?

If we had Suh I will go wit DaQuon at NT he played at pen ST & though he has improved as a pass rusher, I think he’s better rushing inside than on the edge at the 5tech, because he basically wins with technique & power not speed or agility. Okay Suh also gives us a chance to be creative depending on matchups. Like if we know we’re playing a team that struggles to run the ball & are weak in the interior. We can go 4-3 Suh & Cassey at DT Orakpo & Morgan at end. In a hybrid 3-4 you don’t need a true NT ex Jay Ratliff cowboys under wade Phillips. you just need a NT that can eat up blocks playa sound gap discipline & on 3rd & long Collapse the pocket. I think DaQuon will thrive at that role 

Or to be honest we can do what Wade Phillips plan to use Suh put Suh at NT & force the defense to pick their poison double Suh or Cassey & leave Jones at 5 tech look below. Suh at NT Cassey at 3 tech. Again you don’t need a dominant NT this not a traditional 3-4 JayRatlif was a prowbowler NT for the cowboys & he was Suh size ?4-3under.jpg

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

No, what he meant by front multiplicity is being able to play to whatever the matchup needs us to be, rather that’s playing a 4-3 or 3-4, because the reporter asked will the titans be going back to a 4-3.

I dunno, that 'front multiplicity' quote was a cute sound-byte, but I don't even think Vrabel knows exactly what that looks like week to week yet. 

I dunno, I'm still skeptical of Vrabel to some extent. I'm glad he has a experienced DC on board calling plays.  Alot of this fuzzy off-season stuff I hear about Vrabel reminds me alot of the hype that surrounded another great player, turned great position coach, turned premature HC about a decade ago, Mike Singletary.

Singletary was supposed to be a "leader of men" too. (I'm starting to get annoyed by that phrase) I think Vrabel's entering a better situation, with better talent and coordinators, but still I'm sure guys like Brian Billick and Mike Ditka gave the same glowing reviews of Singletary, that Belicheck and Bill OBrien give of Vrabel.

I say all that to say... we'll see. I hope he gets Suh, that will make the job much easier.

Archived