Forum by Forum Mock Draft - Pick 6

Jason_Bengal_Fl

Every year there is a voting mock draft in the draft forum.  I like to let only team fans vote for the pick.  The 2018 Forum by forum mock draft is here.  The Indianapolis Colts are on the clock with pick 6.  The first guy to 5 picks is the selection.  If no one gets to 5 after 24 hours the leader wins.  In case of a tie the earliest to the lead total wins.

1. Cleveland - Sam Darnold

2. Giants - Saquon Barkley

3. Jets - Josh Rosen

4. Cleveland - Bradley Chubb

5, Denver - Quentin Nelson 

I was hemming and hawing over whether to go with Minkah Fitzpatrick or Denzel Ward here since my top 3 guys are taken. Considering we have Hooker, Geathers and Farley to rotate at safety and Nate Hairston as our slot CB then Minkah isn’t a need as much as a boundary corner is so

Denzel Ward 

or 

trade down 

4 hours ago, stallyns said:

I was hemming and hawing over whether to go with Minkah Fitzpatrick or Denzel Ward here since my top 3 guys are taken. Considering we have Hooker, Geathers and Farley to rotate at safety and Nate Hairston as our slot CB then Minkah isn’t a need as much as a boundary corner is so

Denzel Ward 

or 

trade down 

I agree

I would be tempted to take Roquan Smith but I realize I'm way higher on him than most.  I think with this board, Ballard would trade down again or take Edmunds/Fitzpatrick.

For this I would vote for Minkah.  His versatility to play all over the secondary would be a big bonus.  I would have taken Ward last year but not sure he's the best fit now considering we will be playing much more zone.  I know we all like Geathers but I'm not convinced he will be a long term solution with the questions surrounding his health.  Even if he's healthy, I'm not sure he's good enough to prevent you from taking someone as talented as Fitzpatrick.  Same deal with Hairston. 

1 hour ago, bananabucket said:

I would be tempted to take Roquan Smith but I realize I'm way higher on him than most.  I think with this board, Ballard would trade down again or take Edmunds/Fitzpatrick.

For this I would vote for Minkah.  His versatility to play all over the secondary would be a big bonus.  I would have taken Ward last year but not sure he's the best fit now considering we will be playing much more zone.  I know we all like Geathers but I'm not convinced he will be a long term solution with the questions surrounding his health.  Even if he's healthy, I'm not sure he's good enough to prevent you from taking someone as talented as Fitzpatrick.  Same deal with Hairston. 

Truthfully, I would be all right with Smith, Ward, or Fitzpartick. 

Looking at the board I'd have to go with Fitzpatrick. We shouldn't let a talent such as him go if available. 

That being said if I'm in Ballard's position, I'm looking for another trade partner. We're now 6th and teams further down are still wanting their QB's.

But yeah if we stay in 6 I'd go for Minkah. 

Archived