Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jason_Bengal_Fl

Forum by Forum Mock Draft - Pick 6

Recommended Posts

Every year there is a voting mock draft in the draft forum.  I like to let only team fans vote for the pick.  The 2018 Forum by forum mock draft is here.  The Indianapolis Colts are on the clock with pick 6.  The first guy to 5 picks is the selection.  If no one gets to 5 after 24 hours the leader wins.  In case of a tie the earliest to the lead total wins.

1. Cleveland - Sam Darnold

2. Giants - Saquon Barkley

3. Jets - Josh Rosen

4. Cleveland - Bradley Chubb

5, Denver - Quentin Nelson 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hemming and hawing over whether to go with Minkah Fitzpatrick or Denzel Ward here since my top 3 guys are taken. Considering we have Hooker, Geathers and Farley to rotate at safety and Nate Hairston as our slot CB then Minkah isn’t a need as much as a boundary corner is so

Denzel Ward 

or 

trade down 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stallyns said:

I was hemming and hawing over whether to go with Minkah Fitzpatrick or Denzel Ward here since my top 3 guys are taken. Considering we have Hooker, Geathers and Farley to rotate at safety and Nate Hairston as our slot CB then Minkah isn’t a need as much as a boundary corner is so

Denzel Ward 

or 

trade down 

I agree

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be tempted to take Roquan Smith but I realize I'm way higher on him than most.  I think with this board, Ballard would trade down again or take Edmunds/Fitzpatrick.

 

For this I would vote for Minkah.  His versatility to play all over the secondary would be a big bonus.  I would have taken Ward last year but not sure he's the best fit now considering we will be playing much more zone.  I know we all like Geathers but I'm not convinced he will be a long term solution with the questions surrounding his health.  Even if he's healthy, I'm not sure he's good enough to prevent you from taking someone as talented as Fitzpatrick.  Same deal with Hairston. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bananabucket said:

I would be tempted to take Roquan Smith but I realize I'm way higher on him than most.  I think with this board, Ballard would trade down again or take Edmunds/Fitzpatrick.

 

For this I would vote for Minkah.  His versatility to play all over the secondary would be a big bonus.  I would have taken Ward last year but not sure he's the best fit now considering we will be playing much more zone.  I know we all like Geathers but I'm not convinced he will be a long term solution with the questions surrounding his health.  Even if he's healthy, I'm not sure he's good enough to prevent you from taking someone as talented as Fitzpatrick.  Same deal with Hairston. 

Truthfully, I would be all right with Smith, Ward, or Fitzpartick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warhorse said:

Truthfully, I would be all right with Smith, Ward, or Fitzpartick. 

 

I'm not sure anyone has ever responded to me on the Colts forum.  I dont know what to do with myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the board I'd have to go with Fitzpatrick. We shouldn't let a talent such as him go if available. 

That being said if I'm in Ballard's position, I'm looking for another trade partner. We're now 6th and teams further down are still wanting their QB's.

But yeah if we stay in 6 I'd go for Minkah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

 

I'm not sure anyone has ever responded to me on the Colts forum.  I dont know what to do with myself.

I'll try to do that more often. trying to grow this here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×