Brady's Alleged 2016 Concussion

cddolphin

19 hours ago, Revel8 said:

As a Patriots fan, it's natural that you would think the Patriots should be given a pass.  As a Patriots fan, it's natural that you would want to think that 'Every team must cheat as much as my team does'.  It's the faithful wish of any true fan.  Yet not the truthful wish of any faithful referee. 

This has nothing to do with the conversation, I'm legitimately just asking where this mountain of evidence over the past 15 years is pertaining especially to injury reporting.

No other team has violated the NFL injury report more than Patriots have.  This can be demonstrated, detailed through NFL history.  The discrepancies over 15 years are rather obvious to those who have been paying attention.  The former Patriots players who admit that the Patriots lie about injuries is just further proof of this deceitful behavior.  It's not as if the Patriots haven't been caught cheating before, but as a Pats fan I'm sure you'd love to forget about it.

Over the past 15 years here are the fines and warnings given out for Injury Report Violations.

Seahawks (Warned 2016)

Redskins (Fined 2012)

Jets (Fined 2010)

Ravens (Fined 2012)

Bills (Fined 2012)

I'm legitimately asking you, where is all of this demonstrable and detailed evidence linking the Patriots to Injury Report violations much more than any other team in the league?

I don't even give a damn about the Patriots, my team has no rivalry with them and beats them when they face off. Yet when people try to shrug off rule-breaking, try to shrug off cheating, that becomes unacceptable to any fan

Yes, I'm sure your passion for upholding the integrity of the game is your sole motivation for this.

As a Patriots fan, I'm sure you'd enjoy to find the Patriots have only cheated on the same level as every other team in the NFL.  Yet the facts do not back your wishes.  As A Patriots fan, I'm sure you'd love to see the Patriots have been penalized for every cheat they've taken a part of.  Yet that isn't the case.  Even though the facts not only show that the Patriots have been more heavily penalized than any team in the NFL, the facts also show that the Patriots have more internal whistle-blowers than any other team in the NFL.  Perhaps there's a good reason for that. 

Do you have any actual evidence to back the bolded up?

14 hours ago, lancerman said:

Again it's pointless arguing with someone whose posts are 10% they cheated, 90% fluff/execuses why he can't go into detail

There are some things that you just can't talk to some people about.  Things like religion;  politics; and the New England Patriots.  Everyone has an opinion that is impossible to change.  I don't even try to convince people anymore.  Just a waste of time.  Just move on and let them rant.  I'm entertained on Sunday and that's all that matters to me.

On 8/4/2017 at 11:19 AM, TitanLegend said:

The Colts let Andrew Luck play through a concussion vs the Titans(when he sat the next game vs Pittsburgh) and the NFL didn't say a single word. The NFL doesn't really care.

every player gets a concussion every year.

but its also exaggerated. Plenty of ex players on tv all the time for years after seem fairly coherent.

the media just needs to exaggerate and flat lie about everything. A concussion doesnt have to be big. It can be tiny too. 

if its true, they all get them. No fans care. Those helmets work better then they let on but any hit to the head is still that. I'm sure all players leave dumber then

when they got there but countless ex jocks end up talking in full sentences on tv announcing gigs etc.. an those are the stars who had more playing time with more potential for injury then anyone. It may effect their older years..maybe,maybe not?

People that hate the Patriots are the ones who care about everything Patriots.  They exaggerate everything negative and minimize everything positive. Patriots are the unfortunate team to be the first dynasty in this internet social media time.  Jealousy in the NFL is rampant and they get called out for everything even though most of the things they do is legal.  Every time NE figures out a loop hole or how to exploit something everyone calls them cheats and the rules committee changes the rule, which ignites the haters and to say that is proof that they cheated.  

I didn't always like them, but they are simply the best coached, best owner run, best qjarterbacked team of all time.  They "cheating" has nothing to do with it.

11 hours ago, rfournier103 said:

There are some things that you just can't talk to some people about.  Things like religion;  politics; and the New England Patriots.  Everyone has an opinion that is impossible to change.  I don't even try to convince people anymore.  Just a waste of time.  Just move on and let them rant.  I'm entertained on Sunday and that's all that matters to me.

Truth

If there is evidence, the average fan has no access to it. The average fan hasn't seen the so-called "spygate tapes" and the average fan has no desire to learn what the "ideal gas law" is.

The rest of the country doesn't care, therefore I don't either. 

Whatever. 

Eff 'em. 

3 hours ago, rfournier103 said:

If there is evidence, the average fan has no access to it. The average fan hasn't seen the so-called "spygate tapes" and the average fan has no desire to learn what the "ideal gas law" is.

The rest of the country doesn't care, therefore I don't either. 

Whatever. 

Eff 'em. 

I've seen the spygate tapes, they did release them when they got them from the former videographer.  You watch them and you go "that's it"?.  NFL network showed them and Rod Woodson was on the panel that day and was laughing at them, deciphering what each play was as you see that DC send the signal.  Said you don't need these tapes to steal any of these signals, that was enough for me to not hold it against the Patriots.

In deflategate, If we all got to see their ball guy bring the balls into the bathroom, we might have that same feeling. I Believe it was 90 seconds from door closing to door opening which meant probably more like 75 seconds to properly deflate 13 balls.  Since he was behind closed doors why did he have to hurry so much?  Take the 5 minutes which is a more realistic amount of time and do it right, no one can see you, and your excuse is you had to go #2.  When I look at th evidence as a true neutral this is what I see and question I ask, which I've never heard anyone ask.  To think he quickly and properly deflated 13 balls in that time is preposterous IMO.  Also as soon as you find out Colts balls were deflated too the case since closed in my opinion.

There are a bunch of other questions too, the last one I'll mention is this:  If Patriots had a procedure to deflate balls after refs inspection, then why were the balls way over inflated during the game where a lot of the text messages are about?  Those messages had Brady pissed, as he should be, if they were deflating after inspection this couldn't t have happened.  It's why all the texts were about properly getting balls to the right psi before inspection and why the one ball boy was pissed that Brady was pissed.  He most likely turned them in and the refs on that day felt they were a little low(which they probably were, and turning balls in low is not illegal) so they just pumped them up to a hand checked level they were happy with. Most likely not knowing or caring about proper psi.  Which makes the whole thing moot IMO.

With the exception of not using camera in proper spot, what exactly have the Pats broken rules as a team? I'm not talking about made up rumours either. They've got the short end of this stick big time with this nonsense and I'm tired of hearing about it. So I'm done too....sorry for long post.

On 9/1/2017 at 9:39 PM, Pats#1 said:

This has nothing to do with the conversation, I'm legitimately just asking where this mountain of evidence over the past 15 years is pertaining especially to injury reporting.

Your team preference does have an impact on how you view that team.  That's why we see Patriots fans shrugging off this cheating with whataboutism, pointing to other teams cheating.  Yes, other teams do cheat, but it hasn't been to the extent of the Patriots in key areas.

Over the past 15 years here are the fines and warnings given out for Injury Report Violations.

Seahawks (Warned 2016)

Redskins (Fined 2012)

Jets (Fined 2010)

Ravens (Fined 2012)

Bills (Fined 2012)

Yeah, the Patriots' injury report cheating hasn't even been given a warning which is sad.  Former Patriots players admit they cheat on their injury report, but that's not even enough for the NFL, which typically goes easy on the Patriots.

I'm legitimately asking you, where is all of this demonstrable and detailed evidence linking the Patriots to Injury Report violations much more than any other team in the league?

Yes, I'm sure your passion for upholding the integrity of the game is your sole motivation for this.

Do you have any actual evidence to back the bolded up?

Patriots players have admitted that the Patriots cheat on their injury reports.  We don't see this from players of other teams, largely because other teams don't violate the injury report as much as the Patriots have.  If you comb through 15 years of injury reports of every team in the NFL and compare them to the Patriots, you'll see that it's only the Patriots that consistently do this with their injury reports, as the former Patriots players pointed out. 

“I know I heard they put me on IR and stuff like that. That was just a false report,” Spikes said Monday on WGR in Buffalo. “That’s just how things go there. Almost like what happened with (Aqib) Talib and his hip.

Talib said last week that “the Patriots have their own way of reporting” injuries.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/another-spygate-former-patriots-say-belichick-is-cheating-injury-reports-032014

^ All you truly need is these admissions, as they point out exactly what I'm pointing out.  For the past decade and a half the Patriots have had their own way of reporting injuries, different from other teams in the league.  Anyone who paid close enough attention already knew this full-well before these admissions.  It's Belichick's modus operandi to fudge the injury reports, making the reading of a Patriots injury report strategically useless to other teams (and to everyone else). 

It's part of what makes Belichick so good, he finds any way he can to win, even if that includes cheating his way to wins.

51 minutes ago, Revel8 said:

Your team preference does have an impact on how you view that team.  That's why we see Patriots fans shrugging off this cheating with whataboutism, pointing to other teams cheating.  Yes, other teams do cheat, but it hasn't been to the extent of the Patriots in key areas.

You're continuing to bring up me being a Patriots fan to try and steer the conversation away from your original assertions about there being factual, proven, and demonstrative evidence about the Patriots cheating on the injury report over the last 15 years.

53 minutes ago, Revel8 said:

Yeah, the Patriots' injury report cheating hasn't even been given a warning which is sad.  Former Patriots players admit they cheat on their injury report, but that's not even enough for the NFL, which typically goes easy on the Patriots.

But I thought you said there was a bunch of evidence of this happening over the past 15 years, where is it?

54 minutes ago, Revel8 said:

Patriots players have admitted that the Patriots cheat on their injury reports.  We don't see this from players of other teams, largely because other teams don't violate the injury report as much as the Patriots have.  If you comb through 15 years of injury reports of every team in the NFL and compare them to the Patriots, you'll see that it's only the Patriots that consistently do this with their injury reports, as the former Patriots players pointed out.

2 Patriots players, openly disgruntled about contract negotiations who's presence on the IR could hurt their value on the market, in the same offseason, reference something that the NFL looked into and didn't even give the Patriots a warning for.

That's ALL the proof you need to establish that the Patriots have cheated on the IR more than anyone else in the past 15 years?

Let's just even say both are telling the truth.

Why do their accusations hold more weight that other teams actually getting caught and punished for IR violations? You say the Patriots have been doing this more than anyone else for the past 15 years, and I say teams messing and being purposely vague with the IR is commonplace.

Your evidence for your statement is two ex employees who weren't resigned by BB saying something happened. Which the league looked into and didn't punish the Pats.

My evidence for my statement is an actual list of teams being punished for IR violations over the past 15 years, none of which have been the Patriots.

I'd say you have a ways to go before you present that proven and demonstrative evidence you so proudly boasted about a couple days ago.

1 hour ago, Revel8 said:

All you truly need is these admissions, as they point out exactly what I'm pointing out.  For the past decade and a half the Patriots have had their own way of reporting injuries, different from other teams in the league.  Anyone who paid close enough attention already knew this full-well before these admissions.  It's Belichick's modus operandi to fudge the injury reports, making the reading of a Patriots injury report strategically useless to other teams (and to everyone else). 

It's part of what makes Belichick so good, he finds any way he can to win, even if that includes cheating his way to wins.

Again, please show me demonstrative evidence (your words, not mine), for this occurring over the past 15 years. Not an accusation from a single off season a few years ago. 

The verdict is in. Tragically, Concussiongate is not to be.

This time around, Tom Brady will march into New England's season-opener unencumbered by the league's investigate wing.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Wednesday that the "concussion probe" surrounding the Patriots All-Pro quarterback is complete.

Ultimately, the NFL and NFL Players Association found no signs of wrongdoing and zero evidence that Brady suffered a concussion during the 2016 campaign. The investigation was launched as a response to Brady's wife, Gisele Bundchen, suggesting this summer during a CBS interview that the signal-caller suffered a head injury last season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000839643/article/nfl-nflpa-no-signs-tom-brady-had-concussion-in-16

12 hours ago, Revel8 said:

This, even as a Dolphins fan I have mad respect for BB, I think he's the GOAT, but he's still a rule bender / breaker.

10 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

This, even as a Dolphins fan I have mad respect for BB, I think he's the GOAT, but he's still a rule bender / breaker.

Win at all costs. If it's literally your job to win, why wouldn't you go down this route? It's why athletes take gear, and why nepotism exists etc. I do also think most, if not all teams, try and do this, it's just BB is so good at it.

Archived