Dolphins sign Frank Gore

Silver_Lining

My feelings on this one depend entirely on two things:

1.  If we are still going to draft a RB (hopefully); and

2.  How much work he's going to take away from Drake (hopefully minimal).

Gore is a really good veteran presence to add as Gase and Co. continue their work to change the culture of the locker room.  At this stage in the game, Gore is probably only a short yardage back.  He shoudn't be taking much other work from Drake, who we all saw explode last year once he got the opportunity.

50 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

My feelings on this one depend entirely on two things:

1.  If we are still going to draft a RB (hopefully); and

2.  How much work he's going to take away from Drake (hopefully minimal).

Gore is a really good veteran presence to add as Gase and Co. continue their work to change the culture of the locker room.  At this stage in the game, Gore is probably only a short yardage back.  He shoudn't be taking much other work from Drake, who we all saw explode last year once he got the opportunity.

1. I think they will, they have to to be honest, although I imagine it will be a day 3 pick in a supposedly weak RB class.

2. I imagine minimal. Gore as a pass-blocking back is exactly what this team needed in the RB room.

Also, he signed a 1-year deal for $1.09 million, barely over the veteran minimum. Because of some weird veteran CBA rule, he'll only count about $890k against the cap. Seems like it could be a really good deal for Miami.

Gore is only needed for 10 carries a game. Enough to allow Drake to catch his breath, especially on long drives. Gore can also be used in the passing game. He knows how to block, and then leak behind the defense. I think that for Gore, this is ideal. He can really just have fun. RB's lasting as long as he has is kinda rare, I'm sure that the younger players will listen to him and follow his example. This is a really solid signing. I for one don't think they need to draft a RB. I want to see what Perry can do, he flashed at times last year.

4 hours ago, ericsvibe said:

Gore is only needed for 10 carries a game. Enough to allow Drake to catch his breath, especially on long drives. Gore can also be used in the passing game. He knows how to block, and then leak behind the defense. I think that for Gore, this is ideal. He can really just have fun. RB's lasting as long as he has is kinda rare, I'm sure that the younger players will listen to him and follow his example. This is a really solid signing. I for one don't think they need to draft a RB. I want to see what Perry can do, he flashed at times last year.

Miami is a playoff team and a mighty dangerous one too in 2018.

5 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

I really hated seeing Williams go but this is not a bad 1 year deal hoping we find a back in the draft or undrafted this spring. Gore had a pretty productive year last year and hopefully will be a good complement Drake this year.

Williams was a great pass catcher and a damned good pass blocker but he just didn't have the vision with the rock in his hand. Definitely a playmaker in the pass game but you gotta be able to tote the rock as a RB.

Archived