OBJ will not step foot on the field without new deal

mattbags2313

39 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Other than the video and the Norman thing, tell me of these shenanigans? Also tell me how these shenanigans are hurting the teams ability to win?

hes literally the only reason we score point. He brings excitement and energy to the team and wants to win every time he steps on the field. He is worth every single penny. Guys like him are a dime a dozen. He isnt even done with this rookie contract and he is already leaps and bounds the best offensive player we have ever had

2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I absolutely blame the media. Because they nitpick every little thing he does. Tell me you’d want to live under that microscope where every little thing you do. The video recently I somewhat understand the criticism and the Norman thing which in my opinion is where I think he was justly criticised. Everything else I blame the media entirely. If we trade them then seriously F this organisation. 

Its the same for every celebrity, especially those in NY. This isn't some OBJ attack sequence.

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Other than the video and the Norman thing, tell me of these shenanigans? Also tell me how these shenanigans are hurting the teams ability to win?

Just off the top of my head; the net incident, the boat trip, the dog peeing incident, tweeting he's not playing in the preseason. He has been fined 10 times for either violations of the NFL uniform policy or on-field behavior. None of those are a BIG deal (except the Norman incident.) It's just the fact it seems like he's always doing something new for the media to remind us all of how immature he is. I also never said it necessarily hurts the team. But that type of attention certainly doesn't help the team. It's like Mara said, he's just tired of answering questions about OBJs behavior. Is part of it the NY media? Absolutely. But Odell has control of his actions and he doesn't seem to care about the negative attention it brings onto the organization since he continues to do things that put his name in headlines for the wrong reasons. I also didn't say that this reason alone constitutes trading him. When you combine this with the fact that he's going to hold out for an astronomical amount of money, it certainly makes trading him an interesting proposition. 

Yes, he has been our whole offense. But that's only because of how dysfunctional we've been on that side of the ball - and that will have to change for us to be successful whether he stays with us or not. Look at all of the recent Championship teams and you'll see that elite WRs are luxuries, not a necessity. If you can get multiple high picks and/or a quality player while not having to dish out a massive contract then you have to seriously consider it.

7 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Its the same for every celebrity, especially those in NY. This isn't some OBJ attack sequence.

No it isn’t the same. And you can not use the same measure for a football player. He’s unfairly maligned. Every celebrity is being watched, not every celebrity is being criticised for going to Miami on his day off. Not every celeb is being maligned for smoking weed (allegedly). It ain’t the same and you know it.

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

No it isn’t the same. And you can not use the same measure for a football player. He’s unfairly maligned. Every celebrity is being watched, not every celebrity is being criticised for going to Miami on his day off. Not every celeb is being maligned for smoking weed (allegedly). It ain’t the same and you know it.

If Eli did this he would be crucified. If Strahan. JPP. Derek Jeter. Its the NY price. He's of the most popular athletes in sports right now. One of the most recognizable celebrities to sports and non sports fans. He consistently puts himself in poor situations.

7 minutes ago, Acgott said:

If Eli did this he would be crucified. If Strahan. JPP. Derek Jeter. Its the NY price. He's of the most popular athletes in sports right now. One of the most recognizable celebrities to sports and non sports fans. He consistently puts himself in poor situations.

We have seen Brady throw tantrums on the sideline, and his celebrity exceeds pretty much all of them guys, and it gets lauded as leadership and passion. Smoking weed, yes they would be criticised and I agree that understand the criticism for that. But all the other stuff, no freaking way.

6 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

We have seen Brady throw tantrums on the sideline, and his celebrity exceeds pretty much all of them guys, and it gets lauded as leadership and passion. Smoking weed, yes they would be criticised and I agree that understand the criticism for that. But all the other stuff, no freaking way.

And winning changes everything. Brady has also been called out many times by the media for his tantrums. 

OBJ is consistently putting himself in poor situations 

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

And winning changes everything. Brady has also been called out many times by the media for his tantrums. 

he is living his life. Who cares? Players have done so much worse than him. its blown out of proportion to the absolute max. The giants are just a stubborn and stupid organization who haven't made the right decision regarding anything every since TC "left" They thought the eli backlash was bad when he was benched? Cant stand this moronic front office. Every freaking 1st round pick since like Eli doesnt make it past their rookie deal and im sick of it. Those are supposed to be the building blocks of a franchise. Ours disappear 

1 minute ago, mattbags2313 said:

he is living his life. Who cares? Players have done so much worse than him. its blown out of proportion to the absolute max. The giants are just a stubborn and stupid organization who haven't made the right decision regarding anything every since TC "left" They thought the eli backlash was bad when he was benched? Cant stand this moronic front office. Every freaking 1st round pick since like Eli doesnt make it past their rookie deal and im sick of it. Those are supposed to be the building blocks of a franchise. Ours disappear 

It’s the same for all major celebrities.

We do have a new front office in case you forgot 

4 minutes ago, w4rrior723 said:

After doing some thinking, I would do this trade:

NYG receives:

1st round pick (#1 overall)

2nd round pick (#33 overall)

2nd round pick (for 2018)

CLE receives:

Odell Beckham Jr.

1st round pick (#2 overall)

no way. Moving up 1 pick does not even come close to Odell's value. The only way Id even consider this is if we keep out 2nd pick. That trade is highway robbery. its basically 2nd round picks for OBJ. Absolutely not. It seems the Browns are going to take Darnold, and the Giants dont seem to be interested in taking any QB at all. im not willing to move up for a guy we could still get at 2.

21 minutes ago, w4rrior723 said:

Just off the top of my head; the net incident, the boat trip, the dog peeing incident, tweeting he's not playing in the preseason. He has been fined 10 times for either violations of the NFL uniform policy or on-field. None of those are a BIG deal (except the Norman incident.) It's just the fact it seems like he's always doing something new for the media to remind us all of how immature he is. I also never said it necessarily hurts the team. But that type of attention certainly doesn't help the team. It's like Mara said, he's just tired of answering questions about OBJs behavior. Is part of it the NY media? Absolutely. But Odell has control of his actions and he doesn't seem to care about the negative attention it brings onto the organization since he continues to do things that put his name in headlines for the wrong reasons. I also didn't say that this reason alone constitutes trading him. When you combine this with the fact that he's going to hold out for an astronomical amount of money, it certainly makes trading him an interesting proposition. 

Yes, he has been our whole offense. But that's only because of how dysfunctional we've been on that side of the ball - and that will have to change for us to be successful whether he stays with us or not. Look at all of the recent Championship teams and you'll see that elite WRs are luxuries, not a necessity. If you can get multiple high picks and/or a quality player while not having to dish out a massive contract then you have to seriously consider it.

First things first, the dog peeing incident is very very minor. Do I like it? No because it cost us 15 yards. But it did not warrant a weeks long conversation. The kicking net, You’ve gotta be kidding me? That was one of the dumbest conversations ever. Who cares? That’s classic, “we’re only talking about it because it’s Odell”. The boat trip again, nothing. The only one you listed was the dog peeing thing, but he’s not first person to get a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. He’s immature, yes fair point. Does not mean we get to nitpick every little thing he does. The media is the problem because they feel entitled to nitpick his behaviour. Blame the media. He should not have to alter behaviour at the behest of the media. He should be able to go Miami without facing backlash, he should be able to throw tantrums on the sideline. He should be able to punch a wall because he played badly and we lost etc. what brings negative attention is when we lose. And if his actions aren’t helping or hurting the team then Why does his actions matter? Trading him would be dumbest move in franchise history, by far. He’s not a distraction because there is no such thing as one in football. It’s a buzzword people throw out with no factual information to back it. It’s only negative attention if you let it be negative attention. The aim is to win football games and you cannot tell me that losing Odell helps us win games. 

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

It’s the same for all major celebrities.

We do have a new front office in case you forgot 

We have a new GM. Who already has made very questionable moves. That idiot John Mara is still there and when it comes down to it he calls the shots. 

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

Lmao 4 for a broken ankle smoking WR

we both know that would never happen 

Jarvin Landry just went for a 4th

33 I think is fair

Oh yes. Because Jarvis is even in the same stratosphere as a playmaker. :/

10 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Brady has been called out? Lol where? Seriously where? Because it gets labelled as passion and competitive fire.

He hasn’t consistently done so. It’s BS. Clean off the field and has done a couple immature things. It’s vastly exaggerated. Vastly. They do not warrant attention or criticism it deserves.  

Archived