OBJ will not step foot on the field without new deal

mattbags2313

The market is going to dictate OBJ's contract. As much as I hate the thought of it, there is a good chance he will get 18-19 million a year.

His Agent would be dumb not to use Sammy Watkins as a comparable and springboard off of that. I dont think we should waste our breath debating how much should we pay him, but more have discussion of SHOULD we pay him.

As Giants fans, all we can do is think about whether or not that contract makes sense to us and where we are at. I personally would trade him while his value his high if we arent. The way I look at it. The man has been on the team 4 years and we have made the playoffs once. In the last 10 years going back to Eli's 1st superbowl, we have had 4 different receivers put up stats akin to a #1 WR. The only consistency I see in the last years is Eli. I say that to say, without a long term good QB it's a wasted investment. 2nd the last 4 years he has been here, the other consistency that has boosted his stats is our lack of a line and running game. Now unless, OBJ can run, catch the ball, and throw the ball like some kind of Cam Newton/OBJ hybrid, I don't hitch my wagon to that horse.

13 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

Ok, fine then how about this trade? :P

NYG receives:
CLE 1st round pick (#4 overall)
CLE 2nd round pick (#33 overall)
CLE 2nd round pick (2018)

CLE receives:
Odell Beckham Jr.
NYG 3rd round pick (#66)

Then we can grab Barkley and a QB :D

Now you kinda have my attention 

13 hours ago, JPPT1974 said:

Yeah as really the guy a great WR but stinks as a person and a locker room cancer.

This couldn’t be faker news. The whole team loves him. Eli Apple is a locker room cancer. No one has a bad word to say about OBJ. Get your facts straight. Just cause other teams don’t like him means nothing 

13 hours ago, bagh said:

The market is going to dictate OBJ's contract. As much as I hate the thought of it, there is a good chance he will get 18-19 million a year.

His Agent would be dumb not to use Sammy Watkins as a comparable and springboard off of that. I dont think we should waste our breath debating how much should we pay him, but more have discussion of SHOULD we pay him.

As Giants fans, all we can do is think about whether or not that contract makes sense to us and where we are at. I personally would trade him while his value his high if we arent. The way I look at it. The man has been on the team 4 years and we have made the playoffs once. In the last 10 years going back to Eli's 1st superbowl, we have had 4 different receivers put up stats akin to a #1 WR. The only consistency I see in the last years is Eli. I say that to say, without a long term good QB it's a wasted investment. 2nd the last 4 years he has been here, the other consistency that has boosted his stats is our lack of a line and running game. Now unless, OBJ can run, catch the ball, and throw the ball like some kind of Cam Newton/OBJ hybrid, I don't hitch my wagon to that horse.

That’s not a  fair argument. He was a one man circus act. Except the year we actually made the playoffs, the team as a whole was terrible and the coaching was worse. And when we won the SB in 2012 we were absolutely stacked at receiver. We had two guys catching 1000 yards, and another that wasn’t so far behind . So don’t ignore the position. If he leaves we have a MASSSSSIVE hole. A lot of points, catches, first downs, yards, etc to replace. Not to mention the effect it will have on match ups. Im not gonna endure a season with sterling shepherd as our number 1 receiver. He can’t even line up outside to begin with. 

18 hours ago, GmenSeattle said:

NYG receives:

CLE 1st round pick (#4 overall)
CLE 2nd round pick (#33 overall)
Coleman 

CLE receives:

OBJ

I dont think Cleveland would pull the trigger on that unless OBJ AND Landry agreed to extensions. I would also think that we are giving up a little too much. As great as OBJ is, we could just take Barkley there and have (potentially) just as talented an offense weapon, use our 2nd to add another starter, keep Coleman, AND not have to pay OBJ $18 million.

As much as I would love to see him on the field with Gordon and Landry, unless the Giants feel they have to move him, its not going to happen. The mix of his talent and age makes his value worth what you proposed but needing a big contract and question of how he will react to not being in a big city market works too much against anyone offering true value.

OBJ will be a Giant next year and they will do everything to keep him. If he is putting on another jersey I think it will be because he left via FA.

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

Is the reason why the trade talk is going on because Mara said something fairly benign? Man I hate the media 

The Giants kept the door open, so the media will run its stories. If there was nothing to it, the Giants would have shut the door. Its not the media's fault. Its a negotiating tactic from the Giants.

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

The Giants kept the door open, so the media will run its stories. If there was nothing to it, the Giants would have shut the door. Its not the media's fault. Its a negotiating tactic from the Giants.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/giants/2018/03/27/dave-gettleman-odell-beckham-jr-new-york-giants/463736002/

how can it not be?

I’m just curious but I was listening to the Stephen A. Smith show today and he mentioned how columnist Gary Meyers wrote an article in the New York Daily news saying according to his sources Beckham Jr. spoke with two Rams players saying he wants in as in he wants to play for the Rams. Stephen A. Smith also said he believes Meyers because he does an excellent job but that ESPN hasn’t confirmed this. 

Did anyone hear this on the Stephen A. Smith show today or know more about this. I’m just curious because I’m not close to anything New York related but being a diehard Rams fan as well as LSU fan following Beckham Jr. in college, I find it interesting when I heard this from Stephen A. Smith.

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I’m just curious but I was listening to the Stephen A. Smith show today and he mentioned how columnist Gary Meyers wrote an article in the New York Daily news saying according to his sources Beckham Jr. spoke with two Rams players saying he wants in as in he wants to play for the Rams. Stephen A. Smith also said he believes Meyers because he does an excellent job but that ESPN hasn’t confirmed this. 

Did anyone hear this on the Stephen A. Smith show today or know more about this. I’m just curious because I’m not close to anything New York related but being a diehard Rams fan as well as LSU fan following Beckham Jr. in college, I find it interesting when I heard this from Stephen A. Smith.

Cruz also just said yesterday that He spoke to OBJ and wants to be a Giant. Take that with a grain of salt. 

Archived