Phire

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Our draft class had a nice night.

Barnett played well.

Qualls played well.

Hollins played well.

Douglas played well.

Gerry played well.

Yea, I was happy with the kids last night. No glaring mistakes that I remember and a few solid plays.

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:
10 hours ago, agholorsdad said:

Also, did anyone notice Hollins stiff arms were on kevin king and a vet, ooh that was so nice

Hollins was the highlight of the game..really nice to see that

10 hours ago, agholorsdad said:

thought the same. He turned that one 3 yard catch into a first down with a broken tackle too. Ran crisp routes, hope we get to see a lot more of him.

Hollins has always been talented. He's just gotta stay healthy.

15 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

1) I hope Sullivan gets some more playing time and has some sort of athletic ability because he made a couple big hits and was pretty damn disruptive. I'd rather have someone like that as a back-up than Jaylen Watkins or Corey Graham.

Its hard to find much on smaller school guys but here's some cuts from an interview with him prior to the draft.

When you are breaking down film, what do you look for?

Offensive tempos (hurry up, check with me, or a traditional huddle). If the QB stares down his receivers, looks off, or just holds safety by looking down middle of field. Top formations, top pass concepts to the boundary and field (is it a mirror concept team or do they have different concepts boundary and field), top run plays and where I fit in that and am I going to be accounted for in the blocking scheme. Receivers tempos, aggressiveness, route running ability, and how they play the ball in the air. Running back and running QB’s cut tendencies. How they run.

If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be and why?

Tyrann Mathieu, he’s a player I watch all the time. He’s an effort guy who will give his all every chance he has. He does everything with bad intentions. I would say I play the same way and it’s one of the definite positives in my game.

If I were a GM and gave you a second to sell yourself, what would you say?

I’m a hard worker who is willing to do whatever it takes to make myself and those around me better. Also willing to do whatever it takes to win. Me going 110% every play is something that you will never have to question.

Full interview (watch out for the yellow font on white background....your eyes might bleed a little.)

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/tre-sullivan-db-shepherd-university/

I found it odd the Packers blitzed like every play. 

Also, Walker and Gerry seemed like a good tag team duo on the second unit. Would like to see some more of them. 

Barnett really impressed me. Pumphrey didn't. I was hoping to see a little more from an athletic standpoint. The mishaps can be forgiven due to jitters or nerves but that can't continue. But as of now it's clear he's a much better sneaky jab then he is overhand right. 

3 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I know my first impression is through box score watching but no run game. DougieP isn't helping with 50+ pass attempts 

From what I saw last night, the first few run plays were blown up immediately, and that's no exaggeration. I wasn't paying close enough attention to see if it was piss poor blocking, great defensive play call or a little bit of both. But I know the few attempts they showed with the first team offense were pretty bad.

Archived