Who do you choose at 4? (No trade down option)

candyman93

Pick at 4  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you choose?

• Saquon Barkley
    • Bradley Chubb
    • Denzel Ward
    • Other player

15 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I'm ready for Chubb

I really like Ward but this is a deep DB class we can get a slighlty less rated corner at 33

I love Barkley but we can get a stud at 35

we're not getting a player of Chubb's Caliber in the 2nd

At least flip picks with the Broncos and I'm cool with it!

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I'm ready for Chubb

I really like Ward but this is a deep DB class we can get a slighlty less rated corner at 33

I love Barkley but we can get a stud at 35

we're not getting a player of Chubb's Caliber in the 2nd

That's what makes this entire ordeal so tricky. It's like one giant mind f***. Speaking in terms of potential and elite capability at each of their respective positions, Chubb is behind Barkley, Fitzpatrick and Ward. His ceiling caps out before any of those other guys.

BUT, the fact that this RB and CB class is so much deeper makes the selection of Chubb, who is also arguably the safest pick, much more appealing.

Hence, the conflict that keeps me up an extra 10-15 minutes each night before I finally change the topic in my head and pass out.

4 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

That's what makes this entire ordeal so tricky. It's like one giant mind f***. Speaking in terms of potential and elite capability at each of their respective positions, Chubb is behind Barkley, Fitzpatrick and Ward. His ceiling caps out before any of those other guys.

If the bolded is how you feel, then you don’t take Chubb. You got to go for the guy you think is the best and don’t worry about other value that can be found elsewhere at that position in the draft.

I also think the RB class is better than the DE class in the 2nd, 3rd etc.

But if I like Saquon more than Bradley Chubb, which I think I do, that’s the guy I want!

Plus I’m being a bit selfish and just want us to take an electrifying player that is fun to watch.

5 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Plus I’m being a bit selfish and just want us to take an electrifying player that is fun to watch.

exactly 

its probably not the right pick

but I couldnt pass on Barkley at 4 

So Dorsey has to make the pick 

6 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

If the bolded is how you feel, then you don’t take Chubb. You got to go for the guy you think is the best and don’t worry about other value that can be found elsewhere at that position in the draft.

I also think the RB class is better than the DE class in the 2nd, 3rd etc.

But if I like Saquon more than Bradley Chubb, which I think I do, that’s the guy I want!

At the same time, with Chubb:

-You're addressing a bigger need

-You're adding solid depth to a more dire position

-You're taking less risk with a still great payoff

So yeah, I guess I should be glad I'm not in Dorsey's shoes.

Man I just went back and watched 2015 Saquon Barkley

I'm officially back on Saquon at 4

back in 2014 they still had Hackenberg and they ran alot less RPO

they ran more power running schemes 

and he showed the patience and vision that everyone has been downgrading him for 

go back and watch the Ohio State or Michigan state games in 2015 he really looks good in those power running schemes wow

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

Man I just went back and watched 2015 Saquon Barkley

I'm officially back on Saquon at 4

back in 2014 they still had Hackenberg and they ran alot less RPO

they ran more power running schemes 

and he showed the patience and vision that everyone has been downgrading him for 

go back and watch the Ohio State or Michigan state games in 2015 he really looks good in those power running schemes wow

I don't doubt that Barkley is REALLY GOOD def has potential to be great in the NFL. I just don't think a RB is worth a 1st round pick let alone the 4th pick in the draft. He would be the 3rd highest paid RB in the league and with all rookies he's a crap shoot on whether he can cut it in the NFL, let alone run between the tackles with NFL defensive players imo of course. 

On 4/1/2018 at 6:00 PM, candyman93 said:

Okay, say the draft falls this way: 1. Browns - Darnold.......... 2. Bills - Rosen.......... 3. Jets - Allen

First, I think you nailed the NYG trade down if we take "their QB"... and I have no idea who that is.

At #4 I take Ward...

Of all the pieces we do not have on D, and there are a couple, a shutdown corner tops my list... and I think Ward is a shutdown corner.

I get that the top choice in the pole, Chubb, is a tempting prospect as a complement to Garrett, but think there are inside rush options in this deep DT draft that can generate the pressure we need... especially with a DE by committee approach opposite Garrett.

Ditto for committee alternatives to Barkley...

So far I've never heard of a CB by committee approach.

All the questions due to the lack of premier talent at the top of this draft are resolved by finding the right partner for a trade down.

Imho, it will be unfortunate for us to have to use a premium draft pick to take any player available at #4.

Archived