RT:  Newhouse-73

DE:  Mack-97, Edwards 84,  Autry 77, Ward 68

DT:  Ellis-74, Vanderdoes 70, Latham 69

LB:  Irvin-90, James 73, Jenkins 72, Cowser 69

CB:  Amerson-86, Smith 82, Conley 79, Carrie 77

S:  Nelson-84, Joseph 84, Melifonwu 76

K:  Seabass-86

P:  The King-91

Thanks for taking the time to do the list, because I was far too lazy to. :P As for what I would change:

Too low: Richard (better than Washington imo), Crabtree,

Too high: Lynch, Washington, Olawale, Amerson, Nelson

On 8/6/2017 at 10:29 PM, 48 1/2ers said:

For the most part I'm grading them based off of how I would rank them among their own positions.

So Hoyer compared to the rest of the QB's in the league is about average. Goodwin I am a little high on but he was a good player last year for the Bills, as a receiver he's one thing but as an overall weapon it puts him higher, he's our #2 receiver pretty clearly right now and that puts him ahead of Kerley who I feel good about his grade. Bowman fully recovered from injury is an Elite player. I need to see with my own eyes that he's slowed down before i acknowledge that he's still not a top 5 ILB in this game. Staley is pretty much the same, only he doesnt have the injury history and I saw him play less than elite but he's still likely the best lineman in the division. Robinson by a lot of measures had a great season last year. His inexperience is why he isnt higher but he's on is way towards being a go to #1 corner, and I bet most people will rank a good #2 corner higher than I ranked Robinson. With Williams I'll admit I havent seen play much so idono I'm going off of what i've mostly read or barely seen, so you could be right there with how he's graded compared to others. 

You're not honestly gonna tell me that there aren't easily 45 better starting receivers in the NFL than Goodwin. Easily. That means he can't be above average by any definition.

For the Vikings using the numbers on the first post:

QB: Sam Bradford (80), Teddy Bridgewater (70), Case Keenum (65)

RB: Latavius Murray (82), Dalvin Cook (78), Jerrick McKinnon (74)

FB: C.J. Ham (65)

WR: Adam Thielen (82), Stefon Diggs (81), Jarius Wright (72), Laquon Treadwell (70)

TE: Kyle Rudolph (87), David Morgan (72), Bucky Hodges (70)

LT: Riley Rieff (78)

LG: Alex Boone (80)

C: Pat Elflien (70)

RG: Joe Berger (78)

RT: Mike Remmers (75)

DE: Everson Griffen (88), Danielle Hunter (85), Brian Robison (78)

DT: Linval Joseph (92), Tom Johnson (74), Shamar Stephens (74), Dantone Jones (70)

LB: Eric Kendricks (86), Anthony Barr (78), Edmond Robinson (70), Rookies/Young Depth (70, 70)

CB: Xavier Rhodes (88), Trae Waynes (75), Terrance Newman (75), Mackensie Alexander (70)

S: Harrison Smith (93), Andrew Sendejo (78), Anthony Harris Jr (72), Jayron Kearse (68)

K: Kai Forbath (75)

P: ???? (70)

11 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You're not honestly gonna tell me that there aren't easily 45 better starting receivers in the NFL than Goodwin. Easily. That means he can't be above average by any definition.

So youre saying to be an above average receiver you need to be either a #1 receiver or in the better half of #2 receivers, right?

There are guys alot of people would say certain #3 receivers are above average receivers. Tyler Gabriel, Cole Beasley, Davante Adams, Allen Hurns, Chris Hogan, Ted Ginn Jr, Sterling Shepherd, Eli Rogers, Jameson Crowder. 

I'm being generous on Goodwin, but 99 speed alone puts this dude with a badass madden score. 

1 hour ago, 48 1/2ers said:

So youre saying to be an above average receiver you need to be either a #1 receiver or in the better half of #2 receivers, right?

There are guys alot of people would say certain #3 receivers are above average receivers. Tyler Gabriel, Cole Beasley, Davante Adams, Allen Hurns, Chris Hogan, Ted Ginn Jr, Sterling Shepherd, Eli Rogers, Jameson Crowder. 

I'm being generous on Goodwin, but 99 speed alone puts this dude with a badass madden score. 

Yeah I mean I didn't consider this at all probs me being dumb.

Still his catch rate ranked No. 107 among qualified NFL wide receivers in 2016, which is really bad, and he's closer to being the 107th best WR in the NFL to the 45th. But I'm nitpicking, it's the offseason amirite?

Also, I would say that "talented" doesn't necessarily equate with average/above average. A lot of the guys you mentioned are talented, but are either really good #3 options or mediocre #2 options. It also doesn't take into account that some of these guys specialize in the slot, which is harder to quantify when ranking receivers.

13 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I'm a little confused. His speed in Madden 18 is 95

QB: Tom Brady (97)--- Jimmy Garoppolo (82)

RB: Deon Lewis (82)---James White (82)--- Mike Gillislee (77)

FB: James Develin (72)

WR: Julian Edelman (85)---Malcom Mitchell (76)---Brandon Cooks (83) ---Chris Hogan (80)---Danny Amendola (72)

TE: Rob Gronkowski (99)---Dwayne Allen (75)

LT: Nate Solder (82)

LG: Joe Thuney (83)--- Ted Karras (73)

C: David Andrews (83)

RG: Shaq Mason (85)

RT: Marcus Cannon (88)---Cameron Flemming (68)

DL: Alan Branch (85) --- Malcom Brown (82) --- Vincent Valentine (72) ---- Trey Flowers (83) ---Deatrich Wise (??)---Kony Ealy (78)

OLB: Shea McClellin (76) --- Kyle Van Noy (78)

ILB: Dont'a Hightower (96)--- Elandon Roberts (83) --- David Harris (84) 

CB: Malcom Butler (85)--- Stephon Gilmore (84)---Eric Rowe (72)---Jonathan Jones (73) --- Cyrus Jones (68) 

FS: Devin McCourty (91)---Duron Harmon (80)

SS: Patrick Chung (82)

K: Stephen Gostkowski (82)

P: Ryan Allen (86)

Archived