Packers Big Board #9

Packerraymond

Who is #9 on the Packers Big Board?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who is #9 on the Packers Big Board?

• Vita Vea
    • Leighton Vander Esch
    • Quenton Nelson
    • Mike Hughes
    • Calvin Ridley
    • Roquan Smith
    • Jaire Alexander
    • Taven Bryan
    • Mike McGlinchey
    • Connor Williams

58 minutes ago, Gopher Trace said:

I had Vea quite high on my board before the Wilkerson signing, but now he's off my board; we'd have a logjam on the DL and have to sacrifice a good player for a possible, marginal upgrade. At least Nelson would fill some sort of need and upgrades pretty considerably. Vea is not un-draftable, he'll just get taken a lot earlier than I would spend a pick on.

And no, lol he most certainly would not "eat Nelson alive." He may win some reps on Nelson but they would mostly be hard-fought wins.

Yeah I see Vea like I see Barkley(perhaps a controversial take), we don't need to overload a position like that. 

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Roquan is a smaller, strict ILB who was good athlete. LVE is an oversized hybrid ILB/OLB who was an elite athlete. They shouldn't be close.

I don't think they're THAT far apart athlete wise, LVE just has that size advantage ontop of it

32 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I don't think they're THAT far apart athlete wise, LVE just has that size advantage ontop of it

Leighton was in the 99.7th percentile for Combine results for a LB, they are very far apart. Smith had a good 40, downright mediocre jumps and never did agility testing. 

13 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

Roquan ran a 4.51 to LVE's 4.65, had a ton more sacks and tackles for loss too.

Let's ignore the size difference, the huge difference in jumps too. Jamaal Williams had a better 40 than Clay so he's the better athlete right? They're about as different in weight as LVE and Smith.

Archived