Packers Big Board #9

Packerraymond

Who is #9 on the Packers Big Board?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who is #9 on the Packers Big Board?

• Vita Vea
    • Leighton Vander Esch
    • Quenton Nelson
    • Mike Hughes
    • Calvin Ridley
    • Roquan Smith
    • Jaire Alexander
    • Taven Bryan
    • Mike McGlinchey
    • Connor Williams

44 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Leighton was in the 99.7th percentile for Combine results for a LB, they are very far apart. Smith had a good 40, downright mediocre jumps and never did agility testing. 

No argument about their combine. More so speaking to on the field one wasn't leaps and bounds more athletic to me

2 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

No argument about their combine. More so speaking to on the field one wasn't leaps and bounds more athletic to me

Leighton Vander Esch 2017; 141 tackles, 8.5 for loss, four sacks, four pass breakups, four forced fumbles, three interceptions. Mountain West Defensive Player of the Year (and team captain

14 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Okay... @ArthurPensky, @vegas492, did you just vote for Nelson to incite a meltdown out of me?  I'm not going to give you what you want.  If you really believe that, that's fine.  You're wrong, but it's still your right to believe that. 

I would ask you the following:

1. Name one guard taken in the top 15 that turned out to have been worth it.
2. Name three guards taken in the first round that even got a second contract from the team that drafted them. 

College tackles converted to guard don't count. 

Hutchinson maybe? Aaron Taylor kinda sucked,,,,

3 hours ago, Jaegybomb said:

Roquan was the more productive football player. Looked more explosive too.

6 less turnover plays, 2 more sacks and a 6 more TFL. Seems like if anything that favors LVE.

Also "looks" don't mean anything. LVE out jumped him by 7 inches at 30 pounds heavier, he's more explosive.

3 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Hutchinson maybe? Aaron Taylor kinda sucked,,,,

Hutchinson was 17th overall.  Still really high, but not 15th overall or higher.  Additionally, he never got a second contract from the Seahawks.  I'll allow this one anyway because of the poison pills.  Even though Hutchinson doesn't fit the criteria, I'll grant Hutchinson.  That's two so far. 

3 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Hutchinson was 17th overall.  Still really high, but not 15th overall or higher.  Additionally, he never got a second contract from the Seahawks.  I'll allow this one anyway because of the poison pills.  Even though Hutchinson doesn't fit the criteria, I'll grant Hutchinson.  That's two so far. 

He sure got a 2nd contract from Minny and played well there.

8 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

He sure got a 2nd contract from Minny and played well there.

You're not getting the point.  If we use the best draft pick we've had in 10 years on Nelson and he plays five years with us, would that have been a good pick?  Don't try argument gymnastics with your response.  Give me a yes or no.

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You're not getting the point.  If we use the best draft pick we've had in 10 years on Nelson and he plays five years with us, would that have been a good pick?  Don't try argument gymnastics with your response.  Give me a yes or no.

If Gutey were smart enough to give him a 2nd contract and he went on to be 5-time first team All-Pro, two-time second team all pro and 7-time pro bowler? Yep.

Archived