Terminator - Dark Fate

Uncle Buck

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

John Connor died half hour into T2 

Don't at me 

Machines traveling back in time butt *** naked and your issue with T2 is not being able to suspend disbelief enough to accept a semi didn’t run over a dirt bike?

You and James Cameron deserve each other.  I’m sure you think Avatar is a top 10 movie ever made, too.  

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Machines traveling back in time butt *** naked and your issue with T2 is not being able to suspend disbelief enough to accept a semi didn’t run over a dirt bike?

You and James Cameron deserve each other.  I’m sure you think Avatar is a top 10 movie ever made, too.  

Am I missing something?

23 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol triggered much? You'd know I'm giving people **** if you'd read anything prior in the thread. I take issue with people treating T2 as this flawless, untouchable sequel when it was far from it. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

He seems to think that John Connor should have died when the semi bumped into his dirt bike so he is somehow convincing himself it’s okay to kill off John Connor.

Wrong again lol

And Connor was flat out irrelevant in this film. He wasn't needed. His purpose was served and it's not like his character was this highly developed, beloved character on screen. Furlong was the worst part about T2 lol and they bombed every single attempt to make a film specifically about Connor after T2. So, I really didn't give two ****s about Connor for this film. 

Edited by beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Lol triggered much? You'd know I'm giving people **** if you'd read anything prior in the thread. I take issue with people treating T2 as this flawless, untouchable sequel when it was far from it. 

For the record, I’m only 53% serious with my ranting in this thread.  Also, T2 is probably not even in my top 10 right now.  You’re right, it’s not flawless.  But trying to convince me that Dark Fate is anywhere close to being good will never work.  It’s literally horrible.

I had T2 at an 8/10 the last time I went through my IMDB ratings.  Same rating I have for Aliens. Mostly because of the kids in those movies.  I have no connection to the John Connor of T2, but I’ve always wanted to see that obnoxious little **** turn into what he would have after going through that experience. 

There is so much to explore there.  His no killing thing.  How does that change in the end of the world?  What does he have to do, what parts of him break and change as he goes from an obnoxious kid to the leader of humanity?  That has always fascinated me when thinking about after T2.  

Instead we get a pregnant Latina lady and an ambiguous sexuality advanced human.  And ****ing Carl.

Edited by Outpost31

For the record, I’m only 53% serious with my ranting in this thread.  Also, T2 is probably not even in my top 10 right now.  You’re right, it’s not flawless.  But trying to convince me that Dark Fate is anywhere close to being good will never work.  It’s literally horrible.

Lol no it's not. Horrible is reserved for films like The Room. The movie was fine. 

Its still probably the best sequel with the possible exception of T4 because they tried to do something different.

The first act (other than the first embarassing 5 minutes) is really good, with some good action set pieces. I thought McKensize Davis did a great job as an enhanced human that wasnt a Mary Sue.

Linda Hamilton was just too old though and the Carl thing was bordering on parody. But i guess they needed them otherwise it would be like.a reboot. 

Obviously the movie becomes just dumb in the 3rd act with the fighter jets crashing into each other and stuff

The Terminator concept is just antiquated anyway. Glad it tanked, because they wont do another one.

I won’t give up on Terminator.  As soon as they get over the idea of trying to keep Arnold in it and go with John Connor, it’s got a shot.  Salvation was so close to being good.  Remove Connor’s love interest (which they had to include because of Rise of the Machines), get rid of Worthington and Bloodgood and ANY human/machine hybrid angle, make it a hard R and you’ve got yourself a franchise.  

Gotta have John Connor though.