Terminator - Dark Fate

Uncle Buck

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I didn't do crap lol

Regardless, the movie was fine. To me, it seems like any type of girl power movie that isn't subtle about it, makes the fanboys feel emasculated. That's my biggest peeve. It started with Captain Marvel and it's carried over since. The movie was solid, didn't crap on the original two in any way and was a fitting end to the franchise. I'm sorry if that pisses fanboys off but it's reality.

Captain Marvel was good though.

You know, looking back, I don't see the "scene" as the deal breaker so many others are claiming it to be. In the end, John DID serve his purpose: he shut down Skynet in T2. He did what he was destined to do all along, not with the whole future war leading the Resistance to victory over the machines like we all wanted to see (we only got GLIMPSES of it in the first 3 films), but he fulfilled his prophecy all the same.

In fact, T2 already had everything perfectly wrapped up and didn't NEED any continuation, which is a big part of the reason why all other post-T2 sequels were crap: there was nowhere left for it to go. It certainly didn't help that the 2 writers for T3 have publicly stated they didn't want to write T3 in the first place and infamously hated T2, hence set to undo everything it set up with the intention of never being asked to write another Terminator film again (which is why you see stuff like a fast food worker being a future Resistance soldier), yet were brought back, anyway for Salvation when they didn't want to be.

So, while I WAS annoyed by it, it didn't completely ruin the film for me. His story was already wrapped up, barring a reusing of the "Skynet's transmission through a third party" arc from T3, which this film's detractors ironically said it already did enough of as it is. It would've been nice to see him fighting Legion, which is a whole other animal, in an indeterminate future, but I thought the film was solid and gave the franchise nice closure (which it'll almost certainly be getting with its abysmal box office).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I quite enjoyed it as well (save for the one "scene", and I think you know what I'm talking about). It was a marked improvement over the last 3, which isn't saying much, but it's an overall solid film if you don't go in expecting another T1 or T2, which will, of course never happen. The action scenes were good (and numerous), the movie was well-paced, and Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger both killed it in this movie (no pun intended). It was great to see them both back (again, no pun intended). MacKenzie Davis was pretty good, too.

Reddit seems to have enjoyed the film as well as did the RT audience score. Too bad we won't get a future war movie with the Legion Terminators since this movie's a certified flop at the box office because people are Terminator'ed out at this point, though the "controversy" didn't help, either.

I'd give it a 7.5/10.

What was the controversy?

Yeah, I decided i'm likely not going to watch this anytime in the near term future and went ahead and read the spoilers

Granted, this isn't an informed opinion as I haven't seen the movie, but I don't know how you can't see

killing off John Conner

as crapping on the original two movies.  Seems like it was purely for shock value.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Yeah, I decided i'm likely not going to watch this anytime in the near term future and went ahead and read the spoilers

Granted, this isn't an informed opinion as I haven't seen the movie, but I don't know how you can't see

Hide contents

killing off John Conner

as crapping on the original two movies.  Seems like it was purely for shock value.

Wanted to watch it only for Edward Furlong. But now I’m never going to.

So am I a misogynist if I point out that killing the single character this entire franchise was built around is a little ****ing retarded?

I don’t get it with these ****ing movies.  The one hope I had was for some epic tease at the end with John Connor, but no he gets killed in the first ****ing scene.  

If you’re pissed at me not using spoiler tags, don’t be.  I just saved you some time.  They should have learned from that ********* (lol I accidentally **ed out horse and typed **** instead but it’s okay the filters will get it) Genesis movie that you don’t **** with John Conner.  

But nooooooooooo, let’s kill the man and then introduce two new female characters nobody gives a **** about because its women who are our target audience for a hard R action movie.  

I’m gonna get called an incel for this I just know it, but I don’t give a ****. That is dumb.  That is really dumb.  

Hollywood is so out of touch with its audience it isn’t even funny.  When was the last funny comedy movie?  I can’t even remember one since The Hangover.  They’ve got a whole bunch of millionaire scriptwriters writing what are probably alright comedies, but then they bring in 5 producers and these producers sitting in multi million dollar homes are trying to change and edit and add more vagina jokes and figure out how to get John Cena a role and repeating the same ****ing dialogue delivery of every other ****ing Hollywood movie thinking they will be able to connect with and reach everyday people.  

And it’s worse with the action genre.  And it’s even worse with the horror genre.  Like WTF even was The Curse of La Llorana?  That was the off brand crap horror movie with a 2.7 IMDB rating except with recognizable actors, but no, it’s good enough, let’s try to connect it to The Conjuring.  Because the best way to keep a franchise strong is to throw every horse**** horror movie into that connectivity so we can say it’s Conjuring.  

And action.  WTF has even happened to the action genre?  The Olympus Has Fallen franchise is the only franchise since the end of the 80’s to have any kind of balls.  John Wick is really good I suppose, but it’s got that crappy music video look that I don’t like.  

How in the **** can you mess up Terminator?  HOW?  Who snorted like a whole butter tub of cocaine to come up with the best way of bringing that franchise forward was to kill John, introduce an advanced human and some helpless pregnant woman and give the ****ing T800 the name Carl who pets cats?

And how in the F*** do you **** up ****ing Predator as badly as Shane ****ing Black did when he was ****ing IN THE ORIGINAL?

I am sick of this!  I’m not going to take it anymore!  I’m going to rob some banks and get away with it and invest that money wisely enough to have 500 million dollars and make my own ****ing movies.  **** you, Cameron.  You went full George Lucas.  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

@Outpost31, lets give the language filter a rest, huh?

I filtered it out myself though.  I only made one mistake, so the language filter only had to catch one.  

But really, you should be talking to JAMES ****ING CAMERON ABOUT HOW HE WAS OKAY WITH DOING THIS TO HIS OWN ****ING FRANCHISE INSTEAD OF ME!

Let's make a sequel to The Thing and in the first two minutes explain clearly who is The Thing and who is not The Thing and **** on a classic while also killing whoever was human. 

Let's make a sequel to The Princess Bride and start with Buttercup and Wesley getting a divorce. 

Let's make a sequel to Predator and have Dutch drinking some coffee in the middle of Montana and have his brains blown out of his head and then the Predator walks away while becoming visible.  Let's also throw an autistic kid into this so we can get that autism crowd.  Have the Predator speak English through the use of a translator and call the autistic kid a warrior.  Lol.  A warrior.  A true warrior.  Lol. 

Let's make a sequel to Aliens and kill Newt off-screen and Hicks off-screen.  Hey!  That was such a good idea that's probably where James Cameron got the idea of killing John Connor!  We all know how much of a resounding success Alien 3 was when they decided to **** with the past of the franchise and kill off beloved characters right away so we can make way for new ****ty characters. 

Let's make a sequel to Die Hard and have John McClane die in the first five minutes so we can make a new character to take over for the character the entire franchise is based on. 

Let's make a 5th Lethal Weapon movie and have Riggs and Murtaugh die while cracking jokes and then have Murtaugh's son become a detective and he gets caught up in a case with Riggs' illegitimate bastard son getting arrested in a conspiracy thing.  But wait, Riggs' bastard is deep undercover, and now they have to get from LA to NY while they have assassins after Riggs, but Murtaugh is just like his dad and plays things by the books and keeps Riggs in handcuffs while Riggs is off the cuff and wild and crazy just like his dad. 

Let's make a new Indiana Jones movie and kill Indiana Jones so we can bring in Dora the Explorer and have her take over the franchise.  Throw in the lady from Raiders of the Lost Ark and a younger, ambiguous sexuality female and put in some female homoeroticism.  That is the most poignant one yet.  What they literally did was the equivalent to making a sequel to Last Crusade, kill off Indiana Jones, replace him with Dora the Explorer and threw in the lady from Raiders of the Lost Ark and a younger, ambiguous sexuality female and put in some female homoeroticism. 

Let's make a Hard-Boiled sequel where the baby gets dropped down an elevator shaft ten minutes after the events of Hard-Boiled. 

Let's make another Jurassic Park where all the dinosaurs die from a plague in the first five minutes and they build another park with wooly mammoths and saber toothed tigers and also throw in Laura Dern who suddenly turns into a lesbian with Bryce Dallas Howard. 

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Let's make a sequel to The Thing and in the first two minutes explain clearly who is The Thing and who is not The Thing and **** on a classic while also killing whoever was human. 

Let's make a sequel to The Princess Bride and start with Buttercup and Wesley getting a divorce. 

Let's make a sequel to Predator and have Dutch drinking some coffee in the middle of Montana and have his brains blown out of his head and then the Predator walks away while becoming visible.  Let's also throw an autistic kid into this so we can get that autism crowd.  Have the Predator speak English through the use of a translator and call the autistic kid a warrior.  Lol.  A warrior.  A true warrior.  Lol. 

Let's make a sequel to Aliens and kill Newt off-screen and Hicks off-screen.  Hey!  That was such a good idea that's probably where James Cameron got the idea of killing John Connor!  We all know how much of a resounding success Alien 3 was when they decided to **** with the past of the franchise and kill off beloved characters right away so we can make way for new ****ty characters. 

Let's make a sequel to Die Hard and have John McClane die in the first five minutes so we can make a new character to take over for the character the entire franchise is based on. 

Let's make a 5th Lethal Weapon movie and have Riggs and Murtaugh die while cracking jokes and then have Murtaugh's son become a detective and he gets caught up in a case with Riggs' illegitimate bastard son getting arrested in a conspiracy thing.  But wait, Riggs' bastard is deep undercover, and now they have to get from LA to NY while they have assassins after Riggs, but Murtaugh is just like his dad and plays things by the books and keeps Riggs in handcuffs while Riggs is off the cuff and wild and crazy just like his dad. 

Let's make a new Indiana Jones movie and kill Indiana Jones so we can bring in Dora the Explorer and have her take over the franchise.  Throw in the lady from Raiders of the Lost Ark and a younger, ambiguous sexuality female and put in some female homoeroticism.  That is the most poignant one yet.  What they literally did was the equivalent to making a sequel to Last Crusade, kill off Indiana Jones, replace him with Dora the Explorer and threw in the lady from Raiders of the Lost Ark and a younger, ambiguous sexuality female and put in some female homoeroticism. 

Let's make a Hard-Boiled sequel where the baby gets dropped down an elevator shaft ten minutes after the events of Hard-Boiled. 

Let's make another Jurassic Park where all the dinosaurs die from a plague in the first five minutes and they build another park with wooly mammoths and saber toothed tigers and also throw in Laura Dern who suddenly turns into a lesbian with Bryce Dallas Howard.

Yes please

• Like 1