Terminator - Dark Fate

Uncle Buck

29 minutes ago, August4th said:

speaking of James Camereon, is anyone looking forward to these avatar films? the fact that he's spent so much time of these films makes me sad

Honestly I am so happy that he is falling flat on his face with this. They marketed this flick as his grand return to the franchise as if he was some golden god of film making that could do no wrong. Titanic and T2, IMO, are his ONLY good flicks. For a career that spans almost 40 years thats pretty pathetic even if Titanic is a cinema milestone. I hated Avatar when it came out. Partly because those freaking glasses also give me pounding headaches and partly because "it's pretty" never satisfies me as a movie goer unless it means something. To me it was always empty visuals over a regurgitated and stiff acted Pocahontas in space. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Lol whatever you say, hoss. Don't really care anymore. You go right ahead and write that perfect Terminator movie and we'll see ya in the big time, Hollywood. 

I’m not gonna write it for free they gotta pay me first.  It would take a year.  I ain’t writing it for nothing.  Pay me 100,000 dollars and I’ll do it.  I’ll do it for 10,000.

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Honestly I am so happy that he is falling flat on his face with this. They marketed this flick as his grand return to the franchise as if he was some golden god of film making that could do no wrong. Titanic and T2, IMO, are his ONLY good flicks. For a career that spans almost 40 years thats pretty pathetic even if Titanic is a cinema milestone. I hated Avatar when it came out. Partly because those freaking glasses also give me pounding headaches and partly because "it's pretty" never satisfies me as a movie goer unless it means something. To me it was always empty visuals over a regurgitated and stiff acted Pocahontas in space. 

True Lies is a classic, but looking at his IMDB profile, it's remarkable how little he has done.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

True Lies is a classic, but looking at his IMDB profile, it's remarkable how little he has done.

he'll end up spending about 30 years on these avatar films(he started writing a avatar treatment in 94 and the last film will come out in the mid-2020's) when its all said and done.. like why 

8 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

True Lies is absolutely without a doubt Arnold’s second most underrated movie.  I even underrate it myself.  Cameron’s third best movie at worst.  

14 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

He better hope the next one doesn’t bomb our it was a waste of 10 years filming 4 movies.

One of the dumbest decisions ever to greenlight 4 high-budget sequels at once.  That would be stupid for any franchise, even Star Wars.

Avatar was popular, but after 10 years, people move on.  It doesnt have the same type of passionate fanbase as Star Wars and Harry Potter.  I do expect Avatar 2 to be successful, but I would be shocked if the 4 movie idea doesnt end up failing.   

I could be wrong....but I didnt feel like Avatar even needed a sequel.  I felt everything wrapped up pretty good, and now there are 4 more?  Good luck with that. 

On 11/6/2019 at 3:12 PM, Malfatron said:

personally I like Terminator better than T2.

I like them both, but bad Arnold is better and T2 sags for like 35 minutes in the middle

I'm in this camp. And the Alien over Aliens camp too. Both were a masterclass in evoking a primal fear of the unknown. The action sequels (T2 & Aliens) admittedly were a lot of fun. I refuse to acknowledge the existence of anything after the first two installments from either franchise. Including this abomination from Generation Woke   

• Like 1