Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Anything is better than him just opting out.

He wasn’t going too though. At least from everything I read he had no plans of opting out. So it appears this group got taken to the cleaners again. It’s worth giving them time because of the mess they’re cleaning up but man, that’s pretty rough for your one true valuable asset. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

He wasn’t going too though. At least from everything I read he had no plans of opting out. So it appears this group got taken to the cleaners again. It’s worth giving them time because of the mess they’re cleaning up but man, that’s pretty rough for your one true valuable asset. 

The Wizards didn't have any valuable trade assets. 

• Like 1

Couple of random Wizards thoughts: 

- Its pretty obvious the strategy is to get as bad as quickly as possible which is the best strategy they could of had. 

- I would call Kuzma's agent and tell them they are 100% willing to facilitate a sign and trade to a contender. 

- I would be open for business for all bad contract if sweeteners are thrown in. Call the Warriors and tell them they are willing to take Jordan Poole if the Warriors are willing to throw in one of Kuminga/Moody/#19 overall pick. Call Portland and tell them you'll take Nurkic for #23 overall. 

- Same goes for 3 team deals. If any contenders are trying to facilitate a trade but need to dump some salary to a 3rd team to make it work, I put the league on notice that the Wizards are ready and willing as long as a draft pick is thrown in. 

- I've heard that the 2024 class is pretty weak so I would be looking for draft assets further out than that. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Gotta wonder if it was due to the Celtics not budging or n picks

Brogdon injury

Concerns raised by the Clippers about Malcolm Brogdon's injury status, league sources say, led to the collapse of the three-team trade expected to send Kristaps Porzingis to Boston before midnight tonight. A direct Wizards/Celtics deal has not been ruled out.

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

What a one sided trade.

celtics get Porzingus, #25 tomorrow night and a 2024 1st

Memphis gets Smart

Washington gets Tyus Jones, Danilo Gallinari, Mike Muscala and #35 tomorrow 

how the heck did the Celtics get the best player and two first?? I don’t understand how one of the first rounders didn’t come to washington

3 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

What a one sided trade.

Memphis gets Smart

how the heck did the Celtics get the best player and two first?? I don’t understand how one of the first rounders didn’t come to washington

Marcus Smart is a former defensive player of the year and is on a very reasonable 3 year deal averaging $18-20 mil per year. Porzingis is a walking injury and wants a contract extension. He can also opt out and become a FA right now so he can kind of pick his destination.

3 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

What a one sided trade.

Memphis gets Smart

Tyus Jones is a great acquisition for us. He's young and has filled in well for Ja Morant when he was injured or suspended the last few years.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/tyus-jones-stats-as-a-starter

He averages 16 pts, 8 asts & 4 rebs as a starter.

I've wanted us to acquire him for the 2nd offseason in a row now dating back to when he was a FA but instead, we ridiculously traded KCP & Ish for Morris & Barton instead of signing Tyus Jones as a FA.

10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

The Wizards didn't have any valuable trade assets. 

Obviously they did because teams immediately came for them. Beal and KP should've at least netted one first round pick in return between the two of them. Not even getting one in a league where nobody cares about trading their mid to late first round picks is absurd. Dawkins is just getting worked over by more experienced GMs at the moment. But hey, at least they have 19 second round picks 12 years from now and 47 point guards. 

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think fans are making excuses because its a new regime. Had Sheppard stayed aboard for the rebuild and made these exact trades they'd be outside of Capital one ready to burn it down. They have got taken to the cleaners in both trades. Claiming they didn't because of the honey moon phase is just silly.