Draft Bets

Nick_gb

This is a fun time of the year to do NFL Draft Bets online and I was curious as to what lines some of you guys may be betting for the upcoming 2018 NFL Draft. I have one that I'm particularly interested in and will share my reasoning as well to provide an example:

Site: Betonline

Bet: 1st Overall pick

Josh Allen: +125

Sam Darnold: -175

Josh Rosen: +800

Baker Mayfield: +3300

Saquon Barkley:  +600

Bradley Chubb: +2500

Minkah Fitzpatrick: +6600

The one I bolded is the line I'm really keying in on right now and here's why. Leading up to Super Bowl weekend Scot McCloughan was raving about Baker Mayfield and how he was the #1 QB in this draft class, he even compared him to the likes of Brett Favre and what Favre did for the Packers. Anyone with any common sense knows that McCloughan is no slouch when it comes to talent evaluation and a team simply doesn't a hire a guy like that as a Draft Advisor and NOT listen to him. With this QB class being wide open and it really being any of the Top 4/5 (Depending who you speak to) that could be taken #1 overall, it's worth a dart throw at those odds as it's a dart throw that has some backbone. 

Link to Article by Mary Kay Cabot discussing McCloughan still viewing Baker Mayfield as the #1 QB in this class

If you want more of his views it's an easy google search away but this is the most recent one as it's just after he joined Clevelands FO and anything after that pretty much becomes hush hush. So this is a rare opportunity to look into the eyes / mind of a top talent evaluator that will have a part in that #1 Overall pick.

What do you guys have for bets? What do you guys think of this line and is it a bet you'd also be willing to make? 

Disclaimer: If this isn't allowed feel free to lock thread.

• 2 weeks later...

These are the current odds for the first pick. Big jump for Mayfield, Darnold still the favorite

Josh Allen: +210

Sam Darnold: -225

Josh Rosen: +1200

Baker Mayfield: +500

Saquon Barkley:  +600

Bradley Chubb: +4000

Minkah Fitzpatrick: +10000

I like this bet because I think there is about a 98% chance he goes in top 6:

Draft Position - Baker Mayfield
08:01 PM 75103 Over 6½ .   +220  
75104 Under 6½ .   -350

I'm just not real clear if the Over 6.5 is top 6 or does that me the draft slot will be after pick 6 (7-32)?

We and a Sooners fan buddy bet Baker would go first round a case of beer each with a couple guys ages ago. I never in a million years though thought he was ever gonna be in real contention for #1 and I flipping love Baker

2 hours ago, Flatlyner said:

I like this bet because I think there is about a 98% chance he goes in top 6:

Draft Position - Baker Mayfield
08:01 PM 75103 Over 6½ .   +220  
75104 Under 6½ .   -350

I'm just not real clear if the Over 6.5 is top 6 or does that me the draft slot will be after pick 6 (7-32)?

That's a good question.  I would believe that over 6.5 means pick 7 or later, but it's hard to say.  Are there any others you can provide as an example?

1 hour ago, sp6488 said:

That's a good question.  I would believe that over 6.5 means pick 7 or later, but it's hard to say.  Are there any others you can provide as an example?

It means Pick 7+. If you bet the under you're betting he's taken in the Top 6 if you bet the over you're betting he's taken after that point.

3 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

We and a Sooners fan buddy bet Baker would go first round a case of beer each with a couple guys ages ago. I never in a million years though thought he was ever gonna be in real contention for #1 and I flipping love Baker

Eh but he may ;)

3 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

It means Pick 7+. If you bet the under you're betting he's taken in the Top 6 if you bet the over you're betting he's taken after that point.

Still a great bet if you have a ton of money to throw at it.  I can't see him not going top 6

11 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Eh but he may ;)

Oh I think it's legit possible. I just did not see it coming.

I remember getting grief just saying he'd go second round or so irl about this time last year

19 hours ago, N4L said:

Please tell me you put at least $100 on +3300!

Unfortunately I didn't. I put my eggs in multiple baskets with the betting lines above but still ended up doing pretty well. I won a total of $1240 when all was said and done. Most of the money coming from my bet that Penny would be the 2nd back off the board at +3300 and then Mayfield line dropped by the time I put my bet in to +1800 but either way over all I more then made my moneys worth this draft for some fun and inexpensive dart throws :)

Archived