Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Fitzy got the job and hired Lindy Ruff. Hoping he's just a stopgap and one of the assistant coaches we bring on is the future HC. 

Lindy ruff lol. It could be worse, but It's weird

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh, I have no doubt on that. We are still paying hynes and Shero, I'm pretty sure

Yep. I'll wait and see how we perform under Ruff before I make any judgement. Not who I wanted but at least he's an NHL caliber coach, unlike Hynes.

On 4/16/2018 at 7:57 PM, Forge said:

Blake Coleman is scrappy. He's never going to be great, but he could definitely be John Madden v2.0. Maybe somewhere between Madden and Pandolfo. Not as good of a goal scorer as Madden, but much better than Pandolfo. 

Yeah, old bump, I know. I still think its crazy that this dude got us Nolan Foote and a potentially unprotected #1.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2018 at 8:48 PM, beekay414 said:

Butcher has been an amazing college signing. Never expected this type of season from him. One of the lone bright spots on defense along with Vatanen (most of the time). 

And then this...le sigh.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

He ended up being a very similar goal scorer to Madden lol

I'm wondering what Fitzgerald's plan is in regards to Gusev and Palmieri. I remember reading something about Shero not wanting to trade someone that ownership thought we should try to deal and I always assumed it was Palmieri (though it could've very well been Coleman seeing as Fitzy's the one that traded him). It's not every day that you could potentially lose both your top 6 RWs for nothing.

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm wondering what Fitzgerald's plan is in regards to Gusev and Palmieri. I remember reading something about Shero not wanting to trade someone that ownership thought we should try to deal and I always assumed it was Palmieri (though it could've very well been Coleman seeing as Fitzy's the one that traded him). It's not every day that you could potentially lose both your top 6 RWs for nothing.

It's a weird situation because the whole ownership / Shero thing is so obfuscated. Like, they fire Shero because he's not winning enough, then there was apparently a difference in philosophy, and I'm assuming that ownership wants to win now and Shero wanted to retool? But that's a weird choice for a guy who's job was on the one.

I definitely don't think we will lose them for nothing, but they'll be typical rentals. Fitz has already said you can't field a team of kids, so I'm assuming he resigns one if them. Probably palms

• Like 1