Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I almost wanted to snap at him saying that I guess Boqvist is better than Lucas Raymond based on SHL PPGZ! too.

I honestly can't believe he pushed that hard against hoglander when he seriously didn't know he was a forward two hours ago lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

How are the mods going to say anything about what you said in that thread? What in the world

lol I had a post edited and the message to me was "cool it" like I did anything. I almost wanted to quote him and tell him we resolved it ourselves, so he wasn't needed but I figured that'd only get me a shorter leash for antagonizing a mod.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol I had a post edited and the message to me was "cool it" like I did anything. I almost wanted to quote him and tell him we resolved it ourselves, so he wasn't needed but I figured that'd only get me a shorter leash for antagonizing a mod.

I had a post deleted and a warning one time from getting snippy with that jrfischer dude. He's a moron and an ***. I can't even deal with him now. Even he tries to talk to me, I typically just thank him for attempting to talk to me but I have no interest and will let him know when I wish to speak with him lol

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I had a post deleted and a warning one time from getting snippy with that jrfischer dude. He's a moron and an ***. I can't even deal with him now. Even he tries to talk to me, I typically just thank him for attempting to talk to me but I have no interest and will let him know when I wish to speak with him lol

lol I feel ya. I just hate the mental gymnastics that happens over there. I'm trying to post more because I feel like I have stuff to contribute but it gets difficult when you have the same few people derailing threads and being completely unreasonable. I want to ignore posters but then you miss half the stuff posted and just read the responses to those guys without seeing what was said. It gets confusing lmao.

• Like 1

@Forge

I asked this on HF as well so if I get an answer there, I'll refer to it here later but, do we know if the play-in round affects more than just the 1st round for the draft order? I'm trying to get the best reflection on what the actual draft order will be before I start a new mock draft with play-in round predictions. The order will likely be off anyways but I'm just curious, that way I don't have one team winning the lottery while their opponent doesn't change draft position, like I did last time (or all the times that we do it on that draft simulator).

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

@Forge

I asked this on HF as well so if I get an answer there, I'll refer to it here later but, do we know if the play-in round affects more than just the 1st round for the draft order? I'm trying to get the best reflection on what the actual draft order will be before I start a new mock draft with play-in round predictions. The order will likely be off anyways but I'm just curious, that way I don't have one team winning the lottery while their opponent doesn't change draft position, like I did last time (or all the times that we do it on that draft simulator).

Honestly, I hadn't even thought of it. I could see it go either way. They could just use the first round / play in results and replicate through the other rounds, or I could see it being based on something like points percentage

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I hadn't even thought of it. I could see it go either way. They could just use the first round / play in results and replicate through the other rounds, or I could see it being based on something like points percentage

Yeah, makes it super hard to compile an accurate mock draft. I guess all I'll do is project the winners of the play-in round and go from there. 

How likely is it that with the loss of revenue from Covid, ownership doesn't spend any real money this season despite all the cap space available? I think that is a legit concern for a lot of people. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

How likely is it that with the loss of revenue from Covid, ownership doesn't spend any real money this season despite all the cap space available? I think that is a legit concern for a lot of people. 

I think if your team isn't one of the top 6 teams in either the East or West, or isn't projected to make that jump, I think you'll see a lot of ownership spend closer to the floor than the cap. The 3rd year of the flat cap is going to be absolutely brutal for the majority of the league, if you can avoid the pain I think some ownerships do that.

Just now, Canadian Saint said:

I think if your team isn't one of the top 6 teams in either the East or West, or isn't projected to make that jump, I think you'll see a lot of ownership spend closer to the floor than the cap. The 3rd year of the flat cap is going to be absolutely brutal for the majority of the league, if you can avoid the pain I think some ownerships do that.

I think so as well....and I am annoyed to no end by it.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think so as well....and I am annoyed to no end by it.

Oh for sure, I'd be as well. Ownership is going to end up punting 2-3 years of players career due the flat cap (if you're out of the playoffs/rebuilding) and as a fan that's infuriating. So essentially teams will be in purgatory. Not improving enough to contend, not sucking enough to tank. Treading water for 2-3 years until the cap goes up or normalizes. Really stupid NHL and NHLPA couldn't agree on some sort of amnesty buyout.