Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, Forge said:

Honestly, there probably wasn't a better offer out there. I don't even think this is a bad deal for cbj. It just happens to be a good move by us

I mean, Murray was playing on their 3rd pairing. So clearing the $$$ for bigger moves makes sense. There's plenty of 3rd pairing players on the market that will cost less than Murray's $4.6 Million.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, Murray was playing on their 3rd pairing. So clearing the $$$ for bigger moves makes sense. There's plenty of 3rd pairing players on the market that will cost less than Murray's $4.6 Million.

Exactly what I was thinking

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

Was hoping that we could get one of the d-men from VGK. I'm not sure if they'll still sell off guys after dumping Stastny if they can get rid of MAF 

Do they even have a back-up goalie? They still have to make several moves, even with dumping MAF IMO. Especially considering Pie is probably gonna cost them in the $8 Million or more range.

Losing MAF and Stastny only gets them to ~$71 Million. They sign Pietrangelo for $8-9, they are right back on the cap and need a back-up goalie. They can dump McNabb on us and pay a back-up goalie. 

Only saying that because I'm not sure they'd want to go immediately against the cap right away for Pie and a back-up goalie. 

Edited by beekay414

59 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Losing MAF and Stastny only gets them to ~$71 Million. They sign Pietrangelo for $8-9, they are right back on the cap and need a back-up goalie. They can dump McNabb on us and pay a back-up goalie. 

Only saying that because I'm not sure they'd want to go immediately against the cap right away for Pie and a back-up goalie. 

And they would still need a center to come in now that they have dealt stastny. 

Honestly, if they just wanted to ship us Alec Martinez for something similar to what we just paid for Murray, I'm all in on that as well. I'll keep taking these guys for 5th rounders and flipping them at the deadline for second + third rounders lol 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

And they would still need a center to come in now that they have dealt stastny. 

Honestly, if they just wanted to ship us Alec Martinez for something similar to what we just paid for Murray, I'm all in on that as well. I'll keep taking these guys for 5th rounders and flipping them at the deadline for second + third rounders lol 

Obviously wouldn't mind Martinez but I like McNabb because he has another year on his deal. Would like SOME kind of consistency on our left side for once that's not named Andy Greene lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yes. I want him more than anyone in free agency. I'd offer him something in the $4-5 Million range over 4-5 years.

I think we could definitely give him a better deal than most, and I'd much rather go after him than a long term deal on a 31 year old

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think we could definitely give him a better deal than most, and I'd much rather go after him than a long term deal on a 31 year old

Would you give him term and AAV or would you give him one or the other? Like, would you be comfortable going 5x5 for him? He's a 40 point 2 way winger and he's still only 25.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Would you give him term and AAV or would you give him one or the other? Like, would you be comfortable going 5x5 for him? He's a 40 point 2 way winger and he's still only 25.

I am fine if we give him, 5 years, but I'd give him lower cash. 5 years, 4 per. I honestly don't know if anyone beats that or comes close

• Like 1