Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

3 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

I think one of the biggest downfalls of most rebuilds or why so many teams perpetually suck is that they don't shelter their youth or build a culture. Killorn might not have a great contract, but he's been a good 5v5 player for the past 2-3 seasons. Most Lightning players also talk really well of his leadership, especially young guys. Add to that he's now a cup winner too. That's the type of vet you should get.

Honestly if you had space on the RW, Toffoli would be an awesome add too. I know helped the Canucks alot and I think for your young C's he'd be terrific.

I don't mind a adding killorn. Don't love the contract on this team, but not nearly as bad as tj and gourde lol

Just now, beekay414 said:

Also, I'm so not sure where Boqvist fits at this point? Do we explore other LW options and let Boqvist stay with Timra for a while?

I've thought since last year that boqvist was super unlikely to make the roster this year. Best case is he's playing ahl. I need him to adjust to NA

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm assuming Zacha is playing center. 

Nico / Zacha / Jack / trav? Or are we also assuming we have signed turris?

No, no assumptions. We really gonna bump Trav all the way to 4th line? We just not going to give Mikey the chance there? God, we have too many bottom 6 options right now. It's a cluster**** if there's no AHL to give these guys minutes.

Just now, Forge said:

I've thought since last year that boqvist was super unlikely to make the roster this year. Best case is he's playing ahl. I need him to adjust to NA

I'm just assuming there's going to be no AHL because of how terribly we've handled Covid and how unlikely they'd be to operate without fans. Do we just keep him on the taxi squad in that case? Cuz we're in a real friggin' pickle with him if there's no AHL.

No, no assumptions. We really gonna bump Trav all the way to 4th line? We just not going to give Mikey the chance there? God, we have too many bottom 6 options right now. It's a cluster**** if there's no AHL to give these guys minutes.

Yeah, trav isn't going anywhere until deadline. He won't waive before that in my opinion. Mikey hasn't done anything to prove he's worth a spot yet, so I'm fine with him in ahl.

I'm just assuming there's going to be no AHL because of how terribly we've handled Covid and how unlikely they'd be to operate without fans. Do we just keep him on the taxi squad in that case? Cuz we're in a real friggin' pickle with him if there's no AHL.

Yeah, depending on how they set it up. I think that's all you can do.

Just now, Forge said:

Yeah, trav isn't going anywhere until deadline. He won't waive before that in my opinion. Mikey hasn't done anything to prove he's worth a spot yet, so I'm fine with him in ahl.

So...

Bratt-Hischier-Gusev
FA/Trade-Hughes-Palmieri
Kuokkanen-Zacha-Anderson
Wood-Zajac-whichever young guy wins it

???

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So...

Bratt-Hischier-Gusev
FA/Trade-Hughes-Palmieri
Kuokkanen-Zacha-Anderson
Wood-Zajac-whichever young guy wins it

???

Something like that. I suppose it's not unreasonable that they keep Zacha / bratt / goose together given how well they played, but analytically, bratt / Nico/ palms was much better. 

Personally, I want bratt / Nico / goose at the top

Just now, Forge said:

Something like that. I suppose it's not unreasonable that they keep Zacha / bratt / goose together given how well they played, but analytically, bratt / Nico/ palms was much better. 

Personally, I want bratt / Nico / goose at the top

Didn't Zacha and Anderson play well together in a checking role last year too? Or was that Merkley? 

Didn't Zacha and Anderson play well together in a checking role last year too? Or was that Merkley? 

I'm not sure. Merkley only played like 3 games. I can't remember how many Sanderson played, but I feel like by the time he came up, Zacha goose and bratt were already a thing. 

Just now, Forge said:

I'm not sure. Merkley only played like 3 games. I can't remember how many Sanderson played, but I feel like by the time he came up, Zacha goose and bratt were already a thing. 

Anderson played 18 games. Maybe Merkley centered him on the 4th line or something random like that and those two were good together. I know that it was Anderson and someone but I can't remember.

What does a Killorn trade look like for us? Just a straight dump where we get like a 4th to take him or is it going to be something like Killorn+2021 3rd for NYI's 2021 2nd?

I think he could have legit positive value. Depends on how his list impacts suitors. The problem is finding one of those with money to pay him. 

Florida could be a good fit. Losing two wingers, have space, may not want to completely reboot