Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Toronto's last two picks should've been OUR last two picks.

I hate looking at so many other teams' drafts and being like, "they've crushed it". 

Seriously. I can say that about the Wild, Sharks, Toronto, Kings, and despite taking Schneider, the Rags. Oh, and Carolina, of course. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I also dislike that Triumph dude. Always comes off as unquestionable know it all. Really a turnoff to read.

Oh, he's insufferable...but he's a good person to ask if you need to know something lol. Sometimes he comments on things that don't really require a comment or trying to correct the comment by adding more to it? It's weird. I made a comment earlier about not buying out Cory because if we were going to sign another goalie, it doesn't really save ownership any money. He replied to that by adding more that basically just said what I did so I responded something like "I know...that's what I was talking about" or something like that lol

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

lol seeing that GTAnalytics twitter just tells me we're taking too much of an analytical approach at this point. That site or whatever it is thinks damn near every pick we've made has been a home run FFS.

I just saw that in the Baumgartner thread

When I saw that I was like...dude is a double overager in the NLA man...c'mon. 

It's really funny in the Mookie thread though because alllllllllllllllllllllllll the apologists were about posting tweets supporting him without any real context. LIke someone posted a tweet from Wheeler defending the player, and I wanted to be like, "yeah dude, Wheeler still had him ranked like 55...he just doesn't like this other dude bashing him as hard as he is". It didn't mean Wheeler fully supported the pick LOL. 

When you have to post that much stuff to try and show how the pick was good, it's always a tell tale warning lol

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I just saw that in the Baumgartner thread

When I saw that I was like...dude is a double overager in the NLA man...c'mon. 

It's really funny in the Mookie thread though because alllllllllllllllllllllllll the apologists were about posting tweets supporting him without any real context. LIke someone posted a tweet from Wheeler defending the player, and I wanted to be like, "yeah dude, Wheeler still had him ranked like 55...he just doesn't like this other dude bashing him as hard as he is". It didn't mean Wheeler fully supported the pick LOL. 

When you have to post that much stuff to try and show how the pick was good, it's always a tell tale warning lol

I laughed at that Jason MacIsaac dude or whatever that called the Baumgartner pick his favorite pick of the last 3 years lmao

• Like 1