Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Where would Kahun even play in Edmonton? What would their four lines look like? @Canadian Saint

Kahun posted good numbers with Toews and DeBrincat in Chicago, and did pretty well with Crosby. He's a great third wheel on a top line, so something like:

Nuge-McDavid-Pulju

Kahun-Drai-Yams

Neal-Cousins-Archibald

Chiasson-Haas-Kassian

1 minute ago, Canadian Saint said:

Kahun posted good numbers with Toews and DeBrincat in Chicago, and did pretty well with Crosby. He's a great third wheel on a top line, so something like:

Nuge-McDavid-Pulju

Kahun-Drai-Yams

Neal-Cousins-Archibald

Chiasson-Haas-Kassian

Do you guys not like Khaira that much?

Honestly, we should've just traded Wood with money retained for Kahun's rights. I like Kahun and thought he would've been a good target in any Palmieri to Buffalo talks.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, of course, we seem to have a REACTIVE gm, not a PROACTIVE one.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's why I want to trade palms for Bean and Nino. Best of both worlds lol. 

I don't mind getting vets, but I think you're just adding one year rentals in FA. I don't see us trading for them. I'm thinking guys like Chuckie, Connor Sheary, Craig Smith, Ennis

I think one of the biggest downfalls of most rebuilds or why so many teams perpetually suck is that they don't shelter their youth or build a culture. Killorn might not have a great contract, but he's been a good 5v5 player for the past 2-3 seasons. Most Lightning players also talk really well of his leadership, especially young guys. Add to that he's now a cup winner too. That's the type of vet you should get.

Honestly if you had space on the RW, Toffoli would be an awesome add too. I know helped the Canucks alot and I think for your young C's he'd be terrific.

Just now, Forge said:

Middle six lw. We have a spot there, but I really wanted Kuokkanen to win that tbh

So what do we do with Zacha then? Also, would you pursue Duclair or do you feel the same way I do about him possibly being a locker room issue? I mean, soon to be 6 teams by age 25? Eh.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

So what do we do with Zacha then? Also, would you pursue Duclair or do you feel the same way I do about him possibly being a locker room issue? I mean, soon to be 6 teams by age 25? Eh.

I'm assuming Zacha is playing center. 

Nico / Zacha / Jack / trav? Or are we also assuming we have signed turris?