Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Dominik Kahun - 5x4.25 (I'm willing to take that risk for a 25 year old, 2 way 40 point middle six forward)
Slater Koekkoek - 2x2 (Think I take that shot. Not sure what money and term will look like for him)
Craig Smith - 2x4 (3rd line goal scoring winger with bump up 2nd line potential if we trade Palms)
Corey Crawford - 1x5 (He may want to go to a winner but maybe he takes $$$ from us to split almost evenly with MBW)

Bratt-Hischier-Gusev
Kahun-Hughes-Palmieri
Kuokkanen-Zacha-Smith
Wood-Zajac-Anderson

Murray-Severson
Butcher-Subban
Koekkoek-Smith

Blackwood-Crawford

Just now, Forge said:

Also, I think if we make him a priority, that could be highly beneficial. He's unlikely to be a premium target for most. 

We should. He fits everything we're looking for. I wouldn't be shocked if he was tbh. I don't think we're going to shoot our load going after Dadonov or Hoffman.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Dominik Kahun - 5x4.25 (I'm willing to take that risk for a 25 year old, 2 way 40 point middle six forward)
Slater Koekkoek - 2x2 (Think I take that shot. Not sure what money and term will look like for him)
Craig Smith - 2x4 (3rd line goal scoring winger with bump up 2nd line potential if we trade Palms)
Corey Crawford - 1x5 (He may want to go to a winner but maybe he takes $$$ from us to split almost evenly with MBW)

Bratt-Hischier-Gusev
Kahun-Hughes-Palmieri
Kuokkanen-Zacha-Smith
Wood-Zajac-Anderson

Murray-Severson
Butcher-Subban
Koekkoek-Smith

Blackwood-Crawford

I may go after soderberg instead of Smith, just because I think you can do something one 1 year, 2 mil and he's still damn near a 20 goal scorer at the same rate as Smith. That may be more palatable for the internal budget. 

Same for goalie- take whomever is settling for like 1 year, 3.5 mil (could be Crawford, greiss, etc)

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I may go after soderberg instead of Smith, just because I think you can do something one 1 year, 2 mil and he's still damn near a 20 goal scorer at the same rate as Smith. That may be more palatable for the internal budget. 

Same for goalie- take whomever is settling for like 1 year, 3.5 mil (could be Crawford, greiss, etc)

Yeah, that's the principle I was looking at but went 2 years with Smith. We're gonna need NHL RWs in 2021-2022 if we don't bring back Palms or Gusev.

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Shakir looks a really good pick. He's going to fill out more, so he'll be huge and skates well and has good puck handling and a SCUD rocket for a 1-timer. 

He has potential, but I worry about him in his own zone. We will see. He certainly has some upside, I'm just not as bullish on him getting there as some. 

14 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, Murray was playing on their 3rd pairing. So clearing the $$$ for bigger moves makes sense. There's plenty of 3rd pairing players on the market that will cost less than Murray's $4.6 Million.

He was third pair for us more due to injuries/availability and we are one of the strongest teams in the league defensively. I wouldn’t call him third pair quality on the ice. He’s top 4 quality easily when/if healthy. There’s some concern with chronic back issues. Overall worth the gamble of a low pick if you don’t mind the salary combined with injury risk. And like I saw mentioned, if he stays healthy, you would likely be able to flip him for better at the deadline. We just need the cap room now apparently. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TwoToneBlue said:

He was third pair for us more due to injuries/availability and we are one of the strongest teams in the league defensively. I wouldn’t call him third pair quality on the ice. He’s top 4 quality easily when/if healthy. There’s some concern with chronic back issues. Overall worth the gamble of a low pick if you don’t mind the salary combined with injury risk. And like I saw mentioned, if he stays healthy, you would likely be able to flip him for better at the deadline. We just need the cap room now apparently. 

Oh, I know. That's why I said it made sense for them to do what they did. If you have a pressing need for defense, you're not going to basically give Murray away. When you have Savard, Werenski, Gavrikov and Jones, there's no need to have a ~$5 Million 3rd pairing dman.